i just finished adjusting the action a bit on my OFR, cause the Dstring was buzzing like crazy. it sounds normal now, but the strings arent all even. like some are lower then others, and looks sloppy. is it bad for it to be like this? does it cause any serious differences in sound? would it be alright to leave it that way? maybe its that im a bit of an obsessive-compulsive. sorry if i should have just posted this in the FR Setup thread, but its not really FR specific. i think this would apply to any bridge type. also, is this a factor of the intonation?
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Might be that you need to adjust the saddles individually? I honestly have very limited know how on OFRs but thats my best guess?
Say no to drugs, but drink is good...
yea adjusting the saddles is the intonation, but that has to do with pitch or something. u cant adjust their individual height, if it only it was that easy .
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by Tempoe
FRs are shimmed during factory setup. You might be missing some.

what is "shimmed", and what is it that im missing?
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by flanders_91
yea adjusting the saddles is the intonation, but that has to do with pitch or something. u cant adjust their individual height, if it only it was that easy .
wrong. adjusting the saddles or bridge fixes action.
Quote by flanders_91
what is "shimmed", and what is it that im missing?

During disassembly and cleaning, be aware that sometimes there are little shims of thin copper or other metal, mounted underneath the saddles. This is typically done at the factory as part of the final bridge setup; shimming the saddles to match the fingerboard radius.
Do not discard these shims - re-glue them onto the saddle they came from originally to keep the factory setup. Many guitarists have asked how to adjust the height of a single saddle on the Floyd Rose. This is the answer.
Quote by Tempoe
During disassembly and cleaning, be aware that sometimes there are little shims of thin copper or other metal, mounted underneath the saddles. This is typically done at the factory as part of the final bridge setup; shimming the saddles to match the fingerboard radius.
Do not discard these shims - re-glue them onto the saddle they came from originally to keep the factory setup. Many guitarists have asked how to adjust the height of a single saddle on the Floyd Rose. This is the answer.

okay. well i did take apart the floyd rose entirely about a month or two ago, so i may have lost those then. i didnt see anything fall out or anything. but is the off heights of the strings going to be a problem?
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan