I am getting a new guitar and the highest i can go is €700
I play through a vox vt15 with a boss sd1 pedal most of the time
I play anything but mainly muse,guns n roses,iron maiden,metallica,jimi hendrix,pink floyd,smashing pumpkins.
Can anyone recommend a good guitar in my price range
Thank You
check out ESP LTD Deluxe's

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
check out ESP LTD Deluxe's

+1
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
i'd get an HSS or HSH superstrat (not necessarily fender, just anything that's a similar idea) for that. there's a pretty wide selection of tones there, both humbucker and single coil. up to you, really, you have a lot of options.

What country are you in? that's going to affect what's available at a decent price.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i was hoping you'd say that. Are you anywhere near Dublin?

Waltons has been blowing out Lag guitars for very good prices online (presumably the instore prices are similar), if you could make it to waltons in dublin to check them out (to make sure they aren't b-stock or something like that, as the prices are really excellent), they would be worth considering, I'd have thought. I haven't been down to try them yet, but I've tried similar models (the 200 series) up in the north, and they were pretty nice. They're blowing out the 500 series (even though they call them the 1000 series, i think they're the 500 series) for less that you can often get the 200 series for, and the 500 series has quite a bit of a higher spec. Come stock with Duncans or Dimarzios, locking tuners, gotoh trem, etc. etc. On paper, anyway, should be very nice.

e.g.

http://www.waltons.ie/Product/View.aspx?id=10765
http://www.waltons.ie/Product/View.aspx?id=10766 (though that's SSS)

and they have a bunch of other models at good prices too.

you could probably also pick up a yamaha pacifica 812v for that, that'd also be worth considering.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
just wondering if i bought an epi les paul for around 300 to 400 and upgraded the pickups.is there anything else i can get done to it to improve its sound and quality
i reckon you can do better than an epi les paul for 700 euro, and also it's going to struggle to hit those hendrix and pink floyd tones. unless you only need those tones rarely, and need the g n r tones almost all the time, i wouldn't be going with a LP for the tones you want. Up to you, of course, it's your money.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
+1 to the HSS or HSH strat suggestion.

The higher end Mexi strats are pretty nice, but if you can stretch the budget a bit (maybe?) go get an American Deluxe (not sure of the price of one in pounds).

You also might want to think about upgrading your amp soon. The vt15 is ok but you'll get a lot closer to the tones you want with a nice tube amp.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
I'm not great with euro's prices but what about a Vintage? They're very nice and good quality. Quite reasonably priced as well. If you're looking for the single coil sounds as well you could coil split them 'buckers (provided you get a humbuckered one, but the LP's and the SG's are very good) and get your twang on
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by pmk1995

i reckon those lags would be better (as i said, assuming they're as nice as the ones I tried), but if you want to stick to the big brands, that's your prerogative.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?