check out this halloween costume that people are protesting.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33402451/ns/us_news-race_and_ethnicity/?gt1=43001

I am 100% liberal, but freedom of speech should be for everyone!!!

what a great example of people getting worked up over nothing. I mean first off, how does wanting people to migrate to the US legally make you a racist? Im not racist at all, but anyone who wants to live in this country should make an effort to follow the correct steps to be a part of our society. . . Like paying taxes!!! and im damn sure sick of my taxes going to pay for health care for immigrants when i myself dont have any. I dont care what color you are, but why should they be rewarded for nothing when me, a us citizen, born and raized, cant afford to even go to the doctor???

so yes, i support this costume!!!
who's with me?
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
That doesn't look like a somalian at all.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Tbh, your taxes are probably going towards road upkeep in the opposite end of the country.

Don't get on your high horse because you've been paying taxes for the past 3 months.
Wussification of America: everyone acting like pussies and being afraid of offending people over silly stuff. Example: Superbowl "Lets do something manly" Snickers commercial.
I think the fact that the alien is being misrepresented as being illegal is a better reason to take it off the market.
political correctness rules! Ironically, these people want us to lead GREY lives.
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Quote by twat
I think the fact that the alien is being misrepresented as being illegal is a better reason to take it off the market.

So you think aliens who come to Earth will decide to apply for a visa to enter the US?
It's a Halloween costume...

It's not funny or clever though.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
It's a Halloween costume...

It's not funny or clever though.

A guy at my school once dressed up as blackmail for Hallowe'en. He used a bin bag and some envelopes.
That's just hilarious.

On a serious note, people should be allowed to wear the costume because it shouldn't offend people who came to the country legally, so it's not even racist.

Quote by twat

Best username ever.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Last edited by SlipknotRule93 at Oct 21, 2009,
Quote by metalh3ad88
1)That's hilarious.

2)Anybody protesting that is an oversensitive douche.

+1
gear:
jackson kelly w/EMG 81's
fernandes revolver pro w/ seymour duncan and bare knuckle
ltd m-100fm w/ swineshead x-buckers
ltd kh-202 w/ EMG x-series 60 and 81
crate flexwave 120 combo amp
B.C. Rich JRV7 7-string(in the mail)
So you think aliens who come to Earth will decide to apply for a visa to enter the US?

If you read the article and/or look at the picture then you will notice that the Alien has a 'Green Card' so is not actually illegal.

And thankyou SlipknotRule93, I don't like to have people expect too much of me.
I'd wear it!
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by twat
If you read the article and/or look at the picture then you will notice that the Alien has a 'Green Card' so is not actually illegal.

Read the article?
What the hell kind of person do you think I am?
Personally liked the costume.
We are NOT meaningless

Sole member of
Diction & Diaries: Folk Indie with passion

Guitarist/lyricist for:

A CITY SKYLINE

"
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Lol? I don't see how it could possibly be racist. Except against maybe aliens, but I haven't seen anyone that looks like that walking around yet.

I agree, I've seen those costumes with a poncho, sombrero, and big mustache all over the place and those are "more racist" than the alien one.
Racist? No. Xenophobic? Mildly. Funny or clever? No. Worth the whole discussion? Probably not. Still, I think both sides presented in the article are off the mark. The offended party is being oversensitive, and the person saying that people should buy the costumes in protest is being a bit of a dick. I've personally been the butt of several anti-Semitic jokes, and I only get pissed depending on the intent of the person making the joke. That said, I'm not speaking for every minority. Personally, I think it's not in the best taste, but it's also not bad enough to constitute all of the attention.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by twat

Quote by dudius
I wouldn't buy that....for political and moral reasons....

Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
look im mexican.

my mom and dad are mexican, born in mexico, there illegal but are residents.

they laughed, i laughed, **** i wanted to buy one.

this is stupid that they banned the costume, definately.

what the **** is happening to this country either way if it was hateful, who gives a f**** people got the right to say whatever it is they want. thats why my parents crossed the border for all the beutiful freedoms of this country, wich i am proud of being a part of.

What the hell are people worked up about? If anything, it's aliens (as in space) that should complain of racism here. It's just a clever (disguise. lord I wanted to say that!) costume, not any worse than your standard cheesy slogan shirt, if not better.
Last edited by jimmyled at Oct 21, 2009,
it's a political joke. if the costume was Barack obama (in black face) then there might be a limit to it but it's just an Alien in a prision outfit. in my opinion it is a joke at all those Americans who hate Immigrants
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Dirge Humani
That would be speciesm, my good chap.

Touché. And they shouldn't be called Aliens, but rather "Native Space-dwellers" too, right?
lol, america is racism-phobic, in the uk a white guy could wear an outfit that had black face paint, an afro, gun, watermelon, chicken bucket, bass guitar and a pimp hat if he wanted and everyone would laugh..... unless he was famous, government or royal..... lol Prince harry full on wore a nazi uniform once and also refered to his indian friend in the army as a @~*&
But if its average joe then who cares....
It should be banned solely so that I don't have to listen to over privileged douchebags talk about immigration. See: TS.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by jimmyled
Touché. And they shouldn't be called Aliens, but rather "Native Space-dwellers" too, right?

Or perhaps "xeno-biological intelligences". Or maybe "our new alien overlords".
Racism [N]:a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

I do not see a single idea towards a race at all, if anything its an alien. Alien/=/ race, an alien would be a species, therefore not racist...people are retarded
Currently Playing:
Arma 2/3, Dayz, GW2, GTA, Splinter Cell, ESO, FF:X, Pokemon X
Last edited by Dreaminmusic at Oct 21, 2009,