BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
Easiest way is to learn theory, and then just apply it randomly. Like, learn a couple of chords, how they fit into a progression, then play around with them in dif orders etc etc
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Well first you grab a pen or pencil and a pice of paper.
Write the letters, g,u,i,t,a,r then leave a space and write, l,i,c,k,s.

Done :P

EDIT: Don't put the commars in

You could find a scale and mess around with that till you find something you like, then write it down
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Last edited by padgea7x at Oct 21, 2009,
I hear stuff in my head, then do it with my mouth and after that i try to translate it to a piece of paper or my guitar. ..or... If everything else fails I just start playing around doing weird things and usually try to stay in key. When i find something interesting i try to memorize/write it down. When i got something i build a progression and other stuff around it.
Stop playing randomly, try to understand what you're doing (i.e. by learning the theory behind it) and really listen to what you're playing and what you're playing over, then you can create a lick with a certain sound in mind.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by imaginary.frnd
I hear stuff in my head, then do it with my mouth

What?

Quote by imaginary.frnd
If everything else fails I just start playing around doing weird things

o_0!

I must say that your post sounds terribly suggestive when taken out of context, dear fellow.

I usually just improvise randomly on my guitar - and possibly subconsciously use my knowledge of chords sound alright together - to try to come up with something. You can also attempt to use scales to decide what notes are advisable to use, but there's also the option of thinking of a kind of "style" you'd like the lick to represent. For example, if you're seeking to create a riff that makes good use of open strings, you could try improvising randomly on double stops involving the open D string. Or, if you're trying to produce a quick guitar solo or something, you could focus on tapping or playing rapid triplet pull-offs and decide on the exact notes later. Pitch doesn't always have to be the first thing you consider, either; producing the rhythm first is just as valid a method of composition as any.
Usually, I make licks by accident. I'll make a stupid mistake on an exercise and I'll play around with the mistake until I find something I like.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.