I've looked on the forums but i didn't find an answer,
I 've seen fender has some acoustic guitars that have the neck of a electric guitar,(the california series)
and I was wondering if they were good and if you know any better acoustic guitars which you can plug into your amp and have a thin electric like neck
because i just like the neck of my electric guitars so much better than the thick neck of the acoustic one i have
You could check out ovation guitars, they have necks that feel very much like an electric. The only thing is the bodies are made of a composite (sides and back, with spruce top). Some people like them some people don't but you should check them out
I've found Rainsongs have really thin necks (think thinner than a strat neck)-but, they're carbon fiber, so they don't sound the same as a wood guitar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^They're also really freakin expensive.

You're not gonna find an acoustic that will have a thin, electric-like neck that sounds good for a reasonable price IMO. The closest thing I can think of is the Taylor neck, which is a bit thinner (in nut width) and skinnier (in depth) than most acoustics that I've tried.

Just to give a small bit of insight though, the reason you won't find many acoustics with thin necks is because of the much higher amount of tension that acoustic necks must withstand.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Its Called A Low Profile Neck (the shape) Alot of Martins Have them, but if your not looking to pay 1500 for a guitar you can do a little bit of searching, Ive seen a few Seagull and Takamine models with Low Profile necks.

(Basically, on an acoustic, it starts out at low profile at the nut and gets thicker as it progresses up the neck. Low profile stays the same thickness (as at the nut) all the way up until it curves to join with the body.)
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Parkwoods have a reputation for very electric-like necks. Not very cheap but every one I have heard about gets rave comments from the owner, so worth a look if you can find one.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

the ovation al dimeola has a neck that didn't feel exactly like an electric neck, but was close and very fast.
Quote by Natrone

You're not gonna find an acoustic that will have a thin, electric-like neck that sounds good for a reasonable price IMO. The closest thing I can think of is the Taylor neck, which is a bit thinner (in nut width) and skinnier (in depth) than most acoustics that I've tried.

Just to give a small bit of insight though, the reason you won't find many acoustics with thin necks is because of the much higher amount of tension that acoustic necks must withstand.

Eh, there's a used one at my local guitar shop for less than $1000.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Natrone

Right, but the other main reason is the string spacing required for the thicker gauge acoustic strings. If they were the same gauge as an electric, the neck could be narrowed down substantially, and be nearly identical to that of an electric. Thicker fatter strings need more room between them to vibrate cleanly. Think bass guitar vs. mandolin and you can get an immediate picture of what I mean.
Quote by LeftyDave
Right, but the other main reason is the string spacing required for the thicker gauge acoustic strings. If they were the same gauge as an electric, the neck could be narrowed down substantially, and be nearly identical to that of an electric. Thicker fatter strings need more room between them to vibrate cleanly. Think bass guitar vs. mandolin and you can get an immediate picture of what I mean.

Not really.
Electric necks are often just as wide, but thinner than acoustic necks.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden