Poll: Should Concerts Have Security?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should Concerts Have Security?
Concerts need security to keep me safe from bad guys lulz
44 66%
**** security I came to the show to have fun
23 34%
Voters: 67.
So I went to a local metal band concert in a small club last saturday and to my surprise the place was ****ing ass ****ed with security. They were everywhere and the audience had to stand back like 5 feet from the stage with a baracade and like 10 security in front of the stage who just fold their arms and stare at you the entire show. It pisses me off we have to be so far away from the stage and these people just ruin the atmosphere they obviously look like they don't want to be there.

So what do you guys think should shows have security or no?
Last edited by KileManA7X at Oct 21, 2009,
Quote by KileManA7X
So I went to a local metal band concert in a small club last saturday and to my surprise the place was ****ing ass ****ed with security. They were everywhere and the audience had to stand back like 5 feet from the stage with a baracada and like 10 security in front of the stage who just fold their arms and stare at you the entire show. It pisses me off we have to be so far away from the stage and these people just ruin the atmosphere they obviously look like they don't want to be there.

So what do you guys think should shows have security or no?

???
As someone who has worked event staff at a concert before, security is necessary and if you have a problem with it don't go to that venue. The reason they have security is for liability reasons, not to "harsh your mellow".
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
obviously they need to have security
anything could happen, this is a pretty fail thread,

obvious answer is obvious
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
^Grindar
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Security is necessary. People get stabbed with aids needles in nightclubs. I don't need to be stabbed by some crazy mofo while i'm moshing and having a good time. Not to mention we don't need anymore Dimebag incidents.
Was just about to mention Dime... Stuff happens, you can't predict it so be prepared.
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 w/ DiMarzio Crunch Lab & Liquifire
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez SA160
Ibanez E-Acoustic
Selfmade Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Twang King & Chopper T

"Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream"
i think you guys are missing the point. he's saying a LOCAL band in a SMALL venue. which obviously means heavy security shouldn't be necessary.
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Quote by stephen_rettie
'****ing ass ****ed with security'? good example of unnecessary cursing.

ya all of that swearing makes it hard to read and clearly get your message.

allow to me explain

You need ****ing security at these mother ****ing concerts for your mother ****ing safety you little shit, so shut the **** up

vs.

Security is necessary and keeps order in a scenario where violence is a clear possibility
I shot JR

i went to a concert where the bands requested that there be no chairs cuz they had had fans throw chairs at them before
Quote by Eskil Rask
i think you guys are missing the point. he's saying a LOCAL band in a SMALL venue. which obviously means heavy security shouldn't be necessary.

guy lives in new york?
it could be bigger than we think, not much description,
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
I'm not sure if it's necessary, but it sure is cool. If I had the money, even if I was playing at some small bar I would have a motorcade and all that shit.
I don't mind security, they are needed, and amy gigs I've been to the barricade has been pretty close to the stage (as in you could literally reach over and touch the artists). What does annoy me though, is when they throw half the crowd out for moshing, which is to be expected at a metal concert.
So if I go to a metal show u guys r expecting me to stand there with my arms folded and just look like a statue the entire show? Wow what has the world come to. Look at the old misfits concert videos from the early 80's tht looks like a good time to me.

And I can curse whenever the **** I want to

Quote by ilovepepsi
guy lives in new york?
it could be bigger than we think, not much description,

I live in the upstate dumbass not the city. There is actully a countryside of New York that takes up most of the state.
Last edited by KileManA7X at Oct 21, 2009,
Quote by Eskil Rask

Heavy security mightn't be necessary but that's for the venue to decide.

they'll be the ones who'll get sued if anything happens.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
At all of the metal concert I've been to the security guys have been between the barricade and the stage, but they were cool. They caught crowdsurfers and gave out water
Nah small venues no need..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by KileManA7X
So if I go to a metal show u guys r expecting me to stand there with my arms folded and just look like a statue the entire show? Wow what has the world come to. Look at the old misfits concert videos from the early 80's tht looks like a good time to me.

who said that? but there's always the possibility of danger/violence/sexual assault etc. security is there to stop people doing things like that, not to stop people enjoying themselves (unless the only way you can enjoy yourself is doing something that the venue management doesn't want you to do)

I can curse whenever the **** I want to

someone's a rebel.

I'm tempted to ban you for lulz.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by KileManA7X

i think you can stand however you want to but there is liability to think about. Also i stand still with my arms crossed at metal shows when i go.

Quote by KileManA7X

And I can curse whenever the **** I want to

and that is your perogative, i'm just saying it's difficult to understand when it's in excess

Quote by KileManA7X

I live in the upstate dumbass not the city. There is actully a countryside of New York that takes up most of the state.

well he didn't know that, no need to call anyone a dumbass
I shot JR

If you can't follow the guidelines of a certain venue, don't go there. I've been to many shows, some small, some that lasted two days and two nights, and security was always there to do their job. They're keeping people safe from the idiots out there that do stupid things and think they're cool.
I've seen fights start in crowds on several occasions, even at my local venue which is fairly small. So it security necessary? Yes. A fight in the middle of a crowd of people isn't just dangerous for the two idiots swinging at each other.
i went to a show once where anyone flailing their arms in the mosh pit was brought to the ground in an instant by security. it was fun seeing random pre-teens getting man-handled.
"take your form
be my fear, be my hope
be the indication
if i'm right or wrong

take your most dreadful form
and let it be known"
he provided assurance
There is a balance between having a couple of security guards take care of the moshers / people starting fights etc, and then having barricades and angry guards in between. if the band isn't famous (and thus not kill-worthy (lol) ) and if the crowd is not a huge crowd, why should there be any incentive to have a huge level of security?

in my town, at metal gigs, they put barricades, except directly in front of the singer, so people stand together there so we can crowd surf haha
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
I understand security is needed but sometimes they take it too far. I was at an Amazing Baby concert and there were these two guys who were dancing all over the place and the crowd was loving them and then band themselves complimented how then loved them. they were dancing close to the stage and touching the stage and then they just got tackled and pushed around by security guards saying they were a threat, but the band liked them? unnecessary security AND idiots? i think yes. also this concert was a crowd of like max 75 people.
Without music life would be a mistake. ~Friedrich Wilhelm

Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody. -- Catcher in the Rye
Its always good to have two or three bouncers to step in if shit kicks off in the crowd. Nobody wants to get a bottle in the face when there at a gig.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Are you 12 or something?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Security is absolutely necessary. It just depends how far they go.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Fiddelers elbow
Its always good to have two or three bouncers to step in if shit kicks off in the crowd. Nobody wants to get a bottle in the face when there at a gig.

true, my friend was at a Children Of Bodom gig and got kicked in the face in the mosh pit!

and also you really don't want this to happen to you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me8xOfISyCk
Without music life would be a mistake. ~Friedrich Wilhelm

Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody. -- Catcher in the Rye
I love the venue I usually go to for shows. The security guys stay in the back in case something happens but you can get right up on the stage. They're usually really chill too so they won't interfere with the crowd unless someone is posing a sure threat to the crowd.