I've decided to get the Line 6 MicroSpider Amp, now i am left with 516.12USD to buy a guitar which has distort and clean. I play rock and sometimes metal and yeah, I'm kinda random. HELP!
Distortion and clean come from the amp, not the guitar. Certain guitars are better suited for certain styles. I like Line 6, the microspider is good for what it is and that's about it. You're better off getting a different amp. As for guitars, play around and see what you like the feel of.
dont go with the spider amp you'll regret it. you are better off with a better amp and a less expensive guitar. and we need more details on what you want.... in a guitar
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Quote by celticstorm84
Distortion and clean come from the amp, not the guitar. Certain guitars are better suited for certain styles. I like Line 6, the microspider is good for what it is and that's about it. You're better off getting a different amp. As for guitars, play around and see what you like the feel of.

what amp do you think is better than that? I want one with both good clean and distort
Quote by celticstorm84

what amp should i get then?
dang, the guitar i was gonna suggest is 516.13!
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by TechnoLp
dont go with the spider amp you'll regret it. you are better off with a better amp and a less expensive guitar. and we need more details on what you want.... in a guitar

Theres nothing wrong with the MicroSpider and less expensive guitars = bad sound no matter what type of amp you have
I've got all this ringing in my ears but nothing on my fingers---
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Quote by WaimoMan182
Theres nothing wrong with the MicroSpider and less expensive guitars = bad sound no matter what type of amp you have

the guitar matters veryyyyyyyyyyy little, tonewise. The amp is like the main part of your tone aside from your playing.

Get a guitar that feels and plays good, and get a good amp(not a microspider.).
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
Quote by WaimoMan182

In general, it goes
Good amp + Good Guitar > Good Amp + Bad Guitar > Bad Amp + Good Guitar > Bad Amp + Bad Guitar

The amp makes the biggest difference hands down. The guitar has little say in your tone.
Sorry I can't think of anything good under $517, sorry
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I don't know the American prices of things nor what is in stores for you, so I can't list specific models, but as a general rule:
- When buying starter or low-end gear, your money should be split at least 50/50 between the amp and guitar, though usually you'll be splitting it 70/30 in favour of the amp if you want a good tone.
- Generally if an amp costs under a couple of hundred, it's not going to be any good.
- Modelling amps seem like good ideas on paper, but in reality their novelty wears out quickly.
- Solid state amps can be okay if you're a total beginner, but they have limited use, especially if you like to play with a lot of distortion. Generally, the cheapest all-valve amp will sound better and be more useful than a solid state amp that costs twice as much.

If you are just starting out, what I'd suggest you do is get a simple, cheap valve amp like a Fender Champion 600 or Blackheart Little Giant (both are basic 5w Class A valve amps, the Little Giant has a few more controls than the Champion 600 though it does tend to cost a little more too), get a decent distortion pedal like a BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distortion or Digitech Hot Head Distortion (both are medium/hot distortion pedals, capable of a wide variety of tones) and get a guitar that has medium output pickups and a neck you like - don't buy a guitar blindly, try it out first and make sure the neck suits your hands well.

For what I can tell, the Blackheart Little Giant costs around $350 while the Fender Champion 600 costs about $150. The Little Giant does come in two forms - combo or half stack - both with larger speakers than the Fender has and the Little Giant has more controls on it to tweak your tone with, whereas the Fender has only one volume control. If your budget is really tight then the Fender is an okay amp, but really you should go for the Little Giant.
The Digitech Hot Head is around $50 and the BOSS DS-2 is about $80, I personally really like Didigtech products, more than BOSS, so I'd go with that one if I were you.

So, a Digitech HH and a Blackheart LG half stack will take you up to about $400. From the sound of it, you should still be able to get a guitar around the Epi G-400/LTD-256 range.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.