Page 1 of 3
Everyone seems to have different outlooks on what they think emo is or emo's in general. Personally I think your emo if your really emotional. Like if you not affraid to show you emotions. I think its more of a mental thing than a style. Whats do you think?
"I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.."

RIP Jimmy Sullivan<3
TS, I disagree. Emo is now a style more than an emotional thing
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Emo is a preteen fashion "statement".

It's not a fashion statement, it's a ****in' deathwish.

Emo is a meaningless term nowadays.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Emo is a style of music that hasn't been around since the mid 90s.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by Momentosis
It's not a fashion statement, it's a ****in' deathwish.

Emo is a meaningless term nowadays.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE! lol.
---------------------------
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
Korg Pitch Black, MXR Carbon Copy.
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
Emo is an overly gay style. You don't have to look like a total *** and act like a dipshit to be emotional, I'm sure there was lots of emotional people before the style.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by stueey
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE! lol.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Emo is a style.
Hot for girls.
Gay for guys.
Same with scene.
Carlos! Not at the table!

Quote by TSmitty6
funniest part of the show for me: everyone yells SLAYER, all the time. so this one dude goes up to the esspresso stand and yells LATTE!!!!!!! and the lady spilled the drink all over the customer.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Homosexuals and girls that think dressing like a heroin addict is cool.
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
It started as a good genre of music in the late 80's/ 90's, now it doesn't mean anything to do with music, or even emotions, really. It's fashion. That's it.
Quote by Ndelle94
Homosexuals and girls that think dressing like a heroin addict is cool.

"I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.."

RIP Jimmy Sullivan<3
Whats do I think emo is? A dying trend, nothing more.
Edit: I mean the whole emo scene. Not showing your emotions. That's a trend that I hope never dies.
Last edited by simmy17 at Oct 21, 2009,
my view of emo is a person who listens to MCR and AFI who has jet black hair (usually dyed) which covers half their face. they wear all black clothing, while the guys will wear girl's clothes. they will bitch about life all the while they will have loving, tolerant, and rich parents
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Not what everyone thinks it is nowadays. That's scene.
Quote by Jesstaa
Emo is an overly gay style. You don't have to look like a total fag and act like a dipshit to be emotional, I'm sure there was lots of emotional people before the style.
Fixed, and ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by maXterbat0r at Oct 21, 2009,
By today's "standards", emo has come to describe a bunch of pop punk bands that wear their sister's makeup, and '90s post-grunge, grunge/alternative rock, and punk bands that influenced these bands. It is also a style that combines a total clusterfuck of different styles and bizzarre things to make teenagers look like depressed flannel/ironic graphic tee and skinny jean wearing peacocks.

This is not what I believe, though.

Quote by p o e
Emo is a style of music that hasn't been around since the mid 90s.

Some cities, like Philadelphia still have a really active 'emo' scene, even if all of the bands only have 30 fans.

For the most part, this is what I agree with.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Within the context of the blah music genre, it's pretty easy to pigeonhole the whole fashion element as well. However, I'm tempted to say I'm more "emotional" than a lot of the "emos" I've met.
As the guy in the music shop where I'm working atm :

"Emo is sitting in a dark room masturbating and crying"
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Why categorize people? If you strive to fit the "Emo" culture, you're a poser idiot. Be whatever you like, without trying hard for it. Also, showing your emotion doesn't make you Emo, it makes you a role-model for rational thinking men, who are usually scared to show feelings so as to avoid being mocked by other men feeling the same way.
Emo is more emotionally-charged punk music. It is also a style of dress, which goes two ways, classic emo and modern emo. I'm guessing you're talking about kids who listen to MCR, FOB and PATD, and don't have a clue why anyone would sell Real Estate for a Sunny Day. Emo these days is dyed black hair, eyeliner, and black clothing. I would have much rather lived my teenage years during the 90's emo scene than this scene now. Emo then wasn't about being Bi and hating yourself, it was about expressing your emotions through melodic hardcore music. Seriously, I occasionally wear an sweater with a Cursive or a SDRE tee. People think I'm skater, so they assume SDRE and Cursive are skate punk, like All time Low or Blink-182.
Last edited by BK202 at Oct 21, 2009,
Rites of Spring are emo (but Fugazi isn't).

Modern "emo" is essentially a watered down, bastardized version of emo, just like '90s "punk revival" bands were watered down, bastardized versions of punk.
Emo is when you take a person who is actually emotional, copy every single thing he does (such as his looks and mannerisms), then rip him off so you can get attention.

"Emo" people used to be the popular, unique people. Now they've gotten even worse than rappers. At least rappers can be colorful and stand out from one another. All emo kids look the same

And yes, it's a style and a fashion, not a music genre. Every genre of music has some form of emotion. If it didn't, then it probably wouldn't be music. Bands that are considered emo should just be called pop punk or screamo (depending on which side its on) so we can get this over with
Last edited by The Shroom420 at Oct 21, 2009,
Page 1 of 3