Hey so im re-rigging myself so to speak. Getting rid of stuff and getting all new gear. a headstrong royal reveb amp which is like a fender deluxe on crack with better headroom and many times better. check em out if you havent.
also getting a suhr archtop guitar

looking for a nice pedal to go with this amp to get me some nice fusion and rock lead sounds, and to push the amp a bit when overdrive is needed. looking for really focused, and tight gain with a good amount of fluidity or creaminess if you will. Not really a classic rock or blues player this will mostly be used for modern/contemporary type sounds.

love pedals, fulltone, and barber were all recommended. thus far i like the fulltone ocd and the lovepedal kanji.

wanted to see if anyone was familiar with any of these and could recommend anything. I never used pedals before but I think its most logical that i get an only clean amp like the heastrong since i usually play straight ahead jazz. I just need some gain on tap when necessary!

Thanks,
-Trauma
The OCD is going to sound great with the rig you're imagining, but most Barbers I've tried swing to much gain, pushing into distortion territory. I like, but...

The only Barber I could picture your set-up needing is the 1/2 Gainer, but I have yet to try it extensively, or with a variety of guitars.

Others to try would be:

Mad Prof. Sweet Honey
Keeley Javaboost
Paul C. Timmy
Hermida Zendrive
Landgraff Dynamic Overdrive

Maybe a Klon?

Most of these can get you in the territory of a nice Bonamassa / Carlton sound.
Try the Lovepedal Eternity and the Timmy. I've got a Timmy on order, and Paul's a great guy. How much overdrive are you looking for?
Quote by trauma15
Hey so im re-rigging myself so to speak. Getting rid of stuff and getting all new gear. a headstrong royal reveb amp which is like a fender deluxe on crack with better headroom and many times better. check em out if you havent.
also getting a suhr archtop guitar

looking for a nice pedal to go with this amp to get me some nice fusion and rock lead sounds, and to push the amp a bit when overdrive is needed. looking for really focused, and tight gain with a good amount of fluidity or creaminess if you will. Not really a classic rock or blues player this will mostly be used for modern/contemporary type sounds.

love pedals, fulltone, and barber were all recommended. thus far i like the fulltone ocd and the lovepedal kanji.

wanted to see if anyone was familiar with any of these and could recommend anything. I never used pedals before but I think its most logical that i get an only clean amp like the heastrong since i usually play straight ahead jazz. I just need some gain on tap when necessary!

Thanks,
-Trauma

If you get a OCD watch which version you get V4 wasn't that impressive IMO.
I've used a couple Keely's (DS-1 and MT-2 mods, so much higher gain than you want), and I've been extremely unimpressed. They sound great in the apartment and pretty good at practice, but I've been unable to get a good sound from them live. Seems like they're way too bassy and higher volumes, and it muddies right up.

Probably not an issue if you mainly play jazz, but worth mentioning.
Hermida Zendrive or Zendrive 2. I've owned both, the regular gives more of a Robben Ford type vibe while the 2 is a bit smoother and has a tad more gain. I play jazz/fusion and use it for my main OD tone through my DeVille. I've got a Cochrane Tim and a Timmy on order though so I'll see how those two fare against it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
when i say fusion i mean more like rock fusion. i like guthrie govans tone. just all around smooth and balanced responsive shredding tone. I would get a cornford but theyre expensive and not very featured....
so i mean im not looking for tons of gain but a good amount will prlly be useful. id also like it to be able to push the amp just a bit like a boost...hoping this is possible
I've been playing around with a Ehx English Muff'n and loving it.
Quote by trauma15
when i say fusion i mean more like rock fusion. i like guthrie govans tone. just all around smooth and balanced responsive shredding tone. I would get a cornford but theyre expensive and not very featured....

Hmm. I can't help you as much there but I'd just look for a pedal with a nice bit of compression, smooth edges and not as much harmonic content as the ZD, although I've gotten semi close with my LP through my Tube Driver set up like EJ's into my ZD, it's a bit more like Chris Poland's tone though, which I absolutely love.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
If you get the OCD, you must get a power source that will give you either a 9V or 18V output. The OCD in 18V mode is amazing to say the least... while the 9V gives a nice compressed feel to the sound.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
If you get the OCD, you must get a power source that will give you either a 9V or 18V output. The OCD in 18V mode is amazing to say the least... while the 9V gives a nice compressed feel to the sound.

Even with the 18v V4 is not as good.
Quote by mmjohn
Even with the 18v V4 is not as good.

Personal preference.

I know a number of people who prefer V4 over V3 or V2... so yeah.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Personal preference.

I know a number of people who prefer V4 over V3 or V2... so yeah.

Sure enuff.....Just a matter of personal preference. The OCD side by side with my Keeley Sd-1 on 3 different amps was a let down.