It came along my first guitar a Strat Squire. I'm searching for something else, I'm tired of it's hum and buzzings. I'm more to heavy metal than any other thing. Any suggestions?
*prepares flame shield*

The new Marshall MG range is actually fairly decent for a cheap solid state amp, sure, it's still an MG but it's a huge improvement from the old.

Check out the MG10FX, it's a 10watt but I'm sure if you're just playing at home it'll be fine.

Also, the hum could be a result of single coils (I assume your strat has single coils).
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Vox VT 30 could be a nice little amp for you.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Jesstaa
*prepares flame shield*

The new Marshall MG range is actually fairly decent for a cheap solid state amp, sure, it's still an MG but it's a huge improvement from the old.

Check out the MG10FX, it's a 10watt but I'm sure if you're just playing at home it'll be fine.

Also, the hum could be a result of single coils (I assume your strat has single coils).

I think you do deserve a flaming for that post - since the MG10 is hardly a step up from a cheap starter pack amp.

how much do you want to spend? If it's just for home use and you're on a budget, I'd personally go for computer-based amp modelling software. It's the only thing I use at home, as it's very hard to get convincing rock tones at low volumes.
That hum could be your guitar...

Depending on what you plan to do with the amp...if you want something smaller to practice and have fun with, the Fender G-DEC, the Vox Valvetronix VT-30, and the Marshall MG-30Fx are not that bad. They can offer alot for a small package for someone thats looking to have fun and play at home. If you are looking for something bigger, the Fender FM 212 isn't that bad. It gets the job done for a pretty modest price. I have a few different amps for different needs but that particular amp is a pretty good practice and warm-up amp, and I use if for small gigs.

In the end, you're going to have to go to a store and mess around with some amps though, get a feel for what you like.
There is no greater joy than soaring high on the wings of your dreams, except maybe the joy of watching a dreamer who has nowhere to land but in the ocean of reality.

I'm back!