If I bought all the necessary parts, what would I need to do to make a warmoth guitar fully functional? I know I would need to set it up and do all the wiring, is there anything else?
Invoke black magiks to bring its essence unto being

Well if its constructed, set up and fully working electronically what else do you think there would be honestly?
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Assemble it, Paint it, Wire it, Set it up, Play it.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
Assemble it, Paint it, Wire it, Set it up, Play it.

If you get a neck finished by warmoth with non matching neck/fretboard, the fretboard is unfinished. Do I need to finish any non-maple fretboards?
I don't believe so. Just Tung-oil anything other than maple.

Quote by bv310
I don't believe so. Just Tung-oil anything other than maple.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Warmoth is a lying sack of shit when it comes to neck finishes-If Carvin offers necks finished with tung oil a full warranty, why doesn't Warmoth? Simple. They want to finish it for you...for a cost.

Anyway, it's much easier to **** up spray finishes than it is for an oil finish. As in so much easier it's beyond stupid.

Also, you really don't need to tung oil fretboards-most of the woods used for them are naturally oily.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Warmoth is a lying sack of shit when it comes to neck finishes-If Carvin offers necks finished with tung oil a full warranty, why doesn't Warmoth? Simple. They want to finish it for you...for a cost.

Anyway, it's much easier to **** up spray finishes than it is for an oil finish. As in so much easier it's beyond stupid.

Also, you really don't need to tung oil fretboards-most of the woods used for them are naturally oily.

You might want to read the terms on the Warmoth neck finishes page: http://www.warmoth.com/Paint/NeckFinish.aspx

Here's the last few lines:
Now, it does not matter to us who applies the finish. Of course we would like to do the finish for you, but if you choose to do it yourself or have it done elsewhere the warranty is still valid.

It does not need to be a Warmoth applied finish. You might also want to consider Tru-oil instead of Tung oil. It is easy to apply and sufficient for warranty purposes.
Quote by wyliee
You might want to read the terms on the Warmoth neck finishes page: http://www.warmoth.com/Paint/NeckFinish.aspx

Here's the last few lines:
Now, it does not matter to us who applies the finish. Of course we would like to do the finish for you, but if you choose to do it yourself or have it done elsewhere the warranty is still valid.

It does not need to be a Warmoth applied finish. You might also want to consider Tru-oil instead of Tung oil. It is easy to apply and sufficient for warranty purposes.

Really?

Well, that opens up a far easier option for finishing warmoth necks.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Tru-Oil and Tung Oil are nearly identical. What do they mean "Easier to apply"?

Quote by oneblackened
Really?

Well, that opens up a far easier option for finishing warmoth necks.

Correct. The main difference between Tung oil and Tru-oil is that Tru-oil has polymers in it that will harden and better protect the wood. I've done several necks for myself and friends with Tru-oil. No problems over several years now.

FYI, newbie here on the board. I didn't see a CUP when I signed up, but for the purposes of full disclosure, I work for Warmoth.