Poll: I see Jack Black as a(n)
Poll Options
View poll results: I see Jack Black as a(n)
Comedian
81 70%
Musician
14 12%
Serious Actor in everything he does
3 3%
Stupid Fat Person (pick this and you suck)
18 16%
Voters: 116.
of more a musician or a comedian?

I ask, because even though I think his band Tenacious D is pretty cool, I still see him as an actor/comedian first and a (sorta) musician second.

What about you?
Same, his music is highly enjoyable though.
Call me Batman.
I suppose that because I knew he was an Actor before I figured out he was a musician too, that I think of him more as an actor.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by Dirge Humani
Jack Black: Comedian
Jack White: Musician
Jack Grey: ???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Gray
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Actor. I only really started to take an interest in Tenacious D a few weeks ago.

stratkat
Quote by Dirge Humani
Well there you go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Rainbow
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Singing Actor.

Not an acting singer.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Tenacious D was originally an HBO show about them and how they thought they were the greatest band in the world, so actor.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
comedian/comedy actor, definetely not a serious actor though. But i can accept that hes a musician on a side, but i wouldn't call him that before comedian
Comedian. Though Pick of Destiny was just absolutely plain awful. Honestly, no one would even know who he was if it weren't for School of Rock.
i say comedian because his music is comedy. but even above those..he does more movies then anything. i dont consider most ppl comedians unless they do stand up..and i am sure Jack Black hasnt done stand up in a long time (if ever)
Hes like an actor and musician. Hes funny as hell in school of rock.
Angus = god
Actor, Even if the D were performing well before he got any serious gigs/roles JAck Black first caught my attention in High Fidelity, therefore in my head, actor then musician
Hes just Jack Black. Words like actor and musician only describe what he does.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
He is pretty funny. I like the concept of his game "Brutal Legend"

The people talking about the last name as colors made me laugh a bit.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Both. Tenacious D are pretty good. Some of his movies are too, like school of rock, but some (most) of them suck donkey balls.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
i heard of him in School of Rock, and then started hearing tenacious d's music in Pick of Destiny, which i thought was funny. its fun to play the songs from the movie acoustically. i think of him as a musician because thats really how he got started. i think him and kyle gass met in music school.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
****! this thread just reminded me I missed School Of Rock on TV earlier......
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Comedian. Though Pick of Destiny was just absolutely plain awful. Honestly, no one would even know who he was if it weren't for School of Rock.

With the stupid amount of airplay they got for Tribute and Wonderboy, he'd still be well known if he did School of Rock or not.
A funny guy. More of an actor though...you could even go as far to say that he's a video game character too.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
With the stupid amount of airplay they got for Tribute and Wonderboy, he'd still be well known if he did School of Rock or not.

This. I used to like Tribute, but by the 9,001st play on Kerrang/Scuzz I really didn't want to hear it anymore.
*parp*
Quote by CTFOD
Tenacious D was originally an HBO show about them and how they thought they were the greatest band in the world, so actor.

Leave it up to Jack Black to make a movie based on a show that only had 3-4 episodes..

Quote by flanders_91
i think of him as a musician because thats really how he got started. i think him and kyle gass met in music school.

He met Kyle through an acting club that him and several other comedians were in. Kyle then taught him how to play guitar. So, he got started through acting, not music
Last edited by The Shroom420 at Oct 21, 2009,