The Professional Sport You Could Play For the Longest Without Being Revealed

Page 1 of 2
I got this from the Scott Van Pelt Show. They asked the question, "What Pro Sport could you play the longest without being revealed that you weren't actually pro." They agreed upon soccer, as you aren't necessarily in the thick of things that often, and they figured that they could last about 20 min. What sports, excluding poker and curling(of course), could you do this with?
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Curling. About 50 years or so.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Fishing.
You go out on your own for hours, then come back with nothing, and then you're rumbled.
cricket, assuming your a fielder

or baseball, its just rounders for blokes

Public masturbation.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Ultimate Frisbee.

Quote by Kensai
Curling. About 50 years or so.

Stop changing the avatar, damn it!
has a terrible signature.
Paintball, that is if your playing in a wooden area
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Soccer players have to be in excellent shape, as do basketball and football players. Baseball players, however, can go entire games without feilding a ball or getting a hit and it isnt out of the ordinary
xbox live gamertag: phillips215
Poker.

I'll just use my poker face and nobody'll know.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by jp58
Soccer players have to be in excellent shape, as do basketball and football players. Baseball players, however, can go entire games without feilding a ball or getting a hit and it isnt out of the ordinary

^This is the truth.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by jp58

But if you get into the batter's box and see a ninety mph curveball coming towards your face, you're gonna run away like a little girl, therefore being revealed.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
6. Listen.
Quote by magnus_maximus
If you play football at a level any higher than junior it's easy to tell, the moern game is played at such a pace you need to be a professional athlete to keep up.

I'd say a centre in American football. You just stand there being fat, then add in all the stoppages and ad breaks and it'd be hours before anyone noticed.

you have about 0% understanding of american football
Quote by Mockstairwell
But if you get into the batter's box and see a ninety mph curveball coming towards your face, you're gonna run away like a little girl, therefore being revealed.

How many baseball games have you watched? If i was getting paid big bucks like those guys I could sure as hell keep my feet in the batters box, also 70-80+ stuff isn't really that bad, I've worked on highways and played high school baseball and id take my chances in the batters box any day over working the interstate
Quote by magnus_maximus
From the games I've watched it seems being a blocker is basically standing and pushing people. Unless I've called the position the wrong thing, I'm pretty sure just about any fat bastard could stand in front of the QB and do that.

I'm not a football person myself, but it's a bit harder than that. There are a bunch of different plays where the center does different things.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by jp58
How many baseball games have you watched? If i was getting paid big bucks like those guys I could sure as hell keep my feet in the batters box, also 70-80+ stuff isn't really that bad, I've worked on highways and played high school baseball and id take my chances in the batters box any day over working the interstate

No, I'm saying that what sport could you play in your current condition.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
6. Listen.
easily baseball,

i mean a strikeout is normal,
and in the field just hope the ball never comes near you.

you could last games
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
easily baseball,

i mean a strikeout is normal,
and in the field just hope the ball never comes near you.

you could last games

That was my entire point^^^
Quote by magnus_maximus
From the games I've watched it seems being a blocker is basically standing and pushing people. Unless I've called the position the wrong thing, I'm pretty sure just about any fat bastard could stand in front of the QB and do that.

Lineman are some of the most important components to the game, they essentially make or break a team/game. The blocker is following specific instructions based on the type and which way the play is going, they are ensuring their guy with the ball doesn't get hit.

They are not a bunch of fat bastards who sit there and play patty cake with the guy across from them, they are a bunch of muscular, powerful, mean SOBs with a weight advantage.

Centers have the hardest job, they have to get off a clean snap to the pretty boy QB and then bring their head up in time to block the Noseguard/Backer/Tackle who is shooting either of the inside gaps. Maybe you should watch or play some football before you make an assumption about the athleticism or lack of said athleticism of it's participants.
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by magnus_maximus

yea i can understand how it can appear that way. but actually they have to be in excellent condition to play as linemen. it is probably the most physically demanding position
Football (soccer)?

You've got to be kidding me, everyone will notice you don't belong there when you either don't move or are tired of running 30 minutes into the game.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Also most Pro-level linemen are 300lbs+ and have les than 15% bodyfat. And the Dallas Cowboys trained their linemen by having them push and pull cars/trucks/vans/busses in the parking lot
Quote by jp58
Also most Pro-level linemen are 300lbs+ and have les than 15% bodyfat. And the Dallas Cowboys trained their linemen by having them push and pull cars/trucks/vans/busses in the parking lot

im from phili. just gained some more respect for the cowboys
-JBSwreckfest
Meh, I just remember seeing it before one of their games one time... I much prefer college football
Quote by jbswreckfest
sorry i dont really care much about my grammar on ug

It's ok. Next time use proper english and your insults will cut even deeper.

On a more related note, centers also have to snap the ball and all linemen have to make openings for the runningback, which means pushing through 300+ pound guys.
I hate my sig
Football (soccer), i'm pretty good at it...
█████████████████████████
Quote by magnus_maximus

I take it you've never played?

Look, I'm not going to link you to some stupid youtube video about how one sport is better than the other, but I will say a few things. That "padding" doesn't exactly work too well, and at least we can take a goddamn hit.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Centers have the hardest job, they have to get off a clean snap to the pretty boy QB and then bring their head up in time to block the Noseguard/Backer/Tackle who is shooting either of the inside gaps. Maybe you should watch or play some football before you make an assumption about the athleticism or lack of said athleticism of it's participants.

Hey I played QB and defensive tackle in the same season bub

Oh and another thing, when you play QB for a team(not professionally), you have to run back to the sidelines to get your play from the coach, tell it to the team, run the play, repeat. You really don't stop running the whole game.
No means maybe
Last edited by pilgrimevan at Oct 21, 2009,
Quote by CaptainRon
Hockey. They're all a bunch of talentless hacks.

Agreed, all you have to do is skate and no one will notice you.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by pilgrimevan
That "padding" doesn't exactly work too well, and at least we can take a goddamn hit.

Rugby, maybe you've heard of it

In football you'd definitely get noticed quickly. If you're unfit you're not gonna be able to keep up with the game.
Last edited by aaronni at Oct 21, 2009,
pocket pool. because when i play, its always your turn
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Quote by aaronni
Rugby, maybe you've heard of it

Ya, I'm not even gonna lie, Rugby is pretty badass.

edit: In fact, when I was in junior high we played Rugby over any other sport.

I think the only reason it hasn't caught on too much in America is that parents are too obsessed with their childs safety(being that there are no pads) that it isn't being taught to earlier generations.

Personally I'd love to see it in stadiums.
No means maybe
Last edited by pilgrimevan at Oct 21, 2009,
ffs stop calling it soccer - there's more feet in use in football than in american football - i love american football but... that's not a reason to mess with the name of another sport...

and for the topic:
i think boxing
look at this video it's hard to see who's not the pro boxer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZMVn-NDjPc
or maybe not ?
I was gonna comment and how retarded the guy who said something about American Football and centers not doing anything but it appears to have been covered.

Anyways I'd say baseball... for reasons already stated, plus I have played baseball, you put me in the outfield and I wouldn't be absolutely terrible.
Quote by DaFizzle
Periods are only a myth made up by woman to have more things to cry about, its the same with birth pains. Because i imagine its like having a shite and i quite enjoy turding.

Quote by SoftParade1967
subway?
Quote by Exo M7
he needs a ride not a sandwich ****ing retard
Page 1 of 2