Hi, just a quick question. Been using a Squire Strat the last 7 or 8 years now and looking to upgrade to a more suitable guitar.
Currently interested in sweeping and tapping combinations.

Enjoy learning:
All that Remains
Avenged Sevenfold
Between the Buried and Me
Bullet for my Valentine
Children of Bodom
Killswitch
Megadeth
Unearth

Aiming to spend under £500 ($750ish)
Looked through previous threads and so far the ibanez mbm2 is the closest I've come to deciding. Any other suggestions?
Thanks.
A Schecter C-1 if you like medium feeling necks, or a Jeckson Dk2m if you like thinner necks.
You can get a Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe for $499. It's getting really good reviews.
Quote by Don223
You can get a Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe for $499. It's getting really good reviews.

You can call Sam Ash and get $100 off their 1000 deluxe line thats already reduced at $599 for a limited time. They have stuff like EC1000, H1001, MH1000...
Quote by TheBrownPenguin
You can call Sam Ash and get $100 off their 1000 deluxe line thats already reduced at $599 for a limited time. They have stuff like EC1000, H1001, MH1000...

He is in Europe, dont you see the Sterling Pound symbol for money.
Would you say the above would be a better choice, more suited for sweeps and tapping than an mbm2 or are they alternatives for a different price?
Quote by Nemm
Would you say the above would be a better choice, more suited for sweeps and tapping than an mbm2 or are they alternatives for a different price?

You could sweep and tap on any guitar, all you need is low action for tapping and correct technique for sweeping
Quote by darkcheef
You could sweep and tap on any guitar, all you need is low action for tapping and correct technique for sweeping

Of course but I find it much much easier using a friends RG1570, of course as I haven't been able to upgrade in the last 7 or 8 years I have next to no knowledge about the specifics on the guitars themselves (which is why I'm here hah).
Floyd rose? Hard tail? 22 frets? 24 frets? bolt on? set neck? neck thru? pickup layout?

Answer those shit attempts at questions and you'll get a few more quality responses.
Hi again, same question but have upped my limit to £650. Any significant upgrade I could go for over an MBM2 in that area?

24 Frets
No Floyd Rose

Not worried about neck/fret measurements.
Get an ibanez.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.
Either a Jackson DKMG or DK2M, or a LTD EC1000
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight