First of all, what does ESP and LTD stand for? Second of all, what's the difference between the two? Are they merger brands or something? It's been really bugging me lately that I don't know this stuff, which is funny because I've had a LTD EC-50 for 3 years.
ESP stands for Electric Sound Products, as for LTD, I have no clue. ESP set up LTD to make cheaper models of their guitars which could be distributed throughout the world.
LTD is the budget version of ESP. ESPs are made in Japan and LTDs are made elsewhere. ESP stands for Electric Sound Products. I'm not sure if LTD stands for anything.
Similar in function but difference in form. There's no LTD in Japan, it's for the rest of the world. ESP is strictly high end in Japan. They even have a line that's above regular ESPs that no one else gets (ESP Original). Gibson and Epiphone are the same everywhere. Epiphones are Gibson's budget guitars that are made outside of the US. One thing I noticed is that Japanese guitar companies keep the best stuff for themselves. There's Schecter Japan, Ibanez J. Custom, Killer, Caparison, ESP Original.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Similar in function but difference in form. There's no LTD in Japan, it's for the rest of the world. ESP is strictly high end in Japan. They even have a line that's above regular ESPs that no one else gets (ESP Original). Gibson and Epiphone are the same everywhere. Epiphones are Gibson's budget guitars that are made outside of the US. One thing I noticed is that Japanese guitar companies keep the best stuff for themselves. There's Schecter Japan, Ibanez J. Custom, Killer, Caparison, ESP Original.

Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Schecter is owned by the same guy that owns ESP. But Schecter it's still an American company and it's run in America. But there's Schecter Japan which makes higher quality guitars than the Diamond Series only for Japan.

http://www.schecter.co.jp/
ESP is a company. LTD is the series. They also have a ESP Series.

LTD series contain mass-production models made in Korea and Indonesia. Most of the are for the low-mid budget range but they do have some higher quality models. Basically, the higher the number the better.

ESP Series is strictly made in Japan in ESP workshop. They are also mass-produced but in less quantity and with very high quality standard. They also cost a whole lot more.

There is ESP Customshop also. The quality is second to none but so is the price.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

schecter's japan stuff looks nice, but they all have schecter pickups, which i dont care for. they all seem sorta low quality. unless shceter puts their own GOOD pickups in their japan guitars.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by icaneatcatfood
ESP means Especially good.

LTD means Limited Goodness

lol