so i recently expanded my pedal board and i was wondering exactly what order i shoudl put my pedals in so that they work the best.

i am playing a fender strat and epi les paul, and my amp is a blues jr

my pedals are
1. planet waves tuner
2. boss ds-1 distortion
3. ibanez ts9-dx
4. electro harmonix metal muff
5. dunlop dimebag darrel wah
6. boss ce-5 shorus ensemble
7. delta lab digital delay
8. boss ns-2 noise suppressor
9. boss ge-7 equalizer
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
Hmmm....i think you're good. Not sure about where the Wah should be though.

Distortion in the front, then effects, then surpressor, then eq...i think you're good.

although maybe the eq and surpressor should be switched.

If nothing else, do you notice any significant problems with your sound?
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
well in my opponion the wah should deff be before pretty much everything except the tuner because otherwise it will be way over dramatic and can kill your tone of all ur other peddals
I'd put the delay after the noise suppressor...especially if you're running it all the time. It will probably cut some of the delays out if you put it before.
ok so pretty much my order needs to be

tuner - wah - ds-1 - metal muff - tubescreamer - ns-2 - chorus - delay - eq?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
I'd say so.. at least as a starting point.

tuner - wah - In NS2 loop[ds-1 - metal muff - tubescreamer] - chorus - delay - eq

Wah is typically placed there up front, tho some put after distortions, try it and see.

And the EQ could go at the beginning or end, it depends on what you're trying to achieve with it.

Any time based effects, like delay and chorus, towards the end, or in your amps effects loop.

Within the NS2 loop, the distortions could go in various orders, I've found that the pedal I want to most retain the character of I place last.. for example, I run a DS1 to a Tubescreamer, and when the TS is on and I hit the DS1, it still sounds like the TS, just hairier.
^ yeah this is a pretty decent order, of course you might like the sound better of an eq first or last or anywhere in the chain really. Same with the Wah, but most place it before the distortion and OD.

I agree, always put time based effects at the end and in the effects loop, unless you are in a stoner rock noise band like Sleep or someone like that.

Also, I think someone said, but dont put your noise suppressor after your delays. Put it before so that your delays will not get clamped when the noise supression kicks in.
Quote by xxdarrenxx

You know music is like 100% sound right?

Affordable prices on Logo designs and band merch. PM me for details.

Obligatory band link \/
www.myspace.com/resetred
here are my recomendations. the delay needs to be after noise suppressor so it doesnt get cut short of effect. the wah should be be4 od's and distortions and your eq should be be4 the NS to help quiet it down. now, you should have the chorus, eq, NS, and delay in your FX loop in that order.

my pedals are
1. planet waves tuner
5. dunlop dimebag darrel wah
3. ibanez ts9-dx
2. boss ds-1 distortion
4. electro harmonix metal muff
6. boss ce-5 shorus ensemble
9. boss ge-7 equalizer
8. boss ns-2 noise suppressor
7. delta lab digital delay
Last edited by OnEvOlUmEb!tCh at Oct 22, 2009,
ok cool thanks guys