Picked a few things just for fun:

The AC30 is nice, it sounds pretty good, and actually has a decent range from clean to overdrive.

I like the memory boy, but I can't make sense of the modulations when I turn up the depth knob, even a little bit... I think I will figure it out eventually, but I already love the plain analog delay.

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
MEMORY BOI CLIPZ NAO!!!

im thinking of buying one (or just the Toy)
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
MEMORY BOI CLIPZ NAO!!!

im thinking of buying one (or just the Toy)

Alright, but I'll probably just do direct in from the Vox... I think that is my best bet at this point. I'll do something simple and just up the depth knob as I go and you can see what I mean.

Edit: But you've got to give me a minute... I just started an Episode of 'The Wire.'
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Oct 21, 2009,
Very nice
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
HNGD. the mods are there to help simulate the flutter of a tape delay. try longer delay times and see if that makes a difference to your confusion.or i may just be misunderstanding you.
Congratz!!
Thanks everybody, any questions about either feel free to ask.

Quote by joe_k
HNGD. the mods are there to help simulate the flutter of a tape delay. try longer delay times and see if that makes a difference to your confusion.or i may just be misunderstanding you.

If figured out last night that part of the issue is the blend knob. When you use much modulation you need to turn down the blend a bit so its not too overpowering. Also it seems that the square waveform is much less predictable than the sawtooth.

So far I'm really liking it. I think it will likely get set up on my board with a pretty standard medium delay setting, then a subtle 'chorus' modulation, for practical use. Then I'll just play with modulations when I'm bored.

Also worth noting: I ran it into my DD-3 for a bit last night, and wow... You can really go nuts with that combination. The coolest was putting the MB at a really short delay, then the DD-3 with a pretty long one; you could hear the 'chunks' of repeats repeating...

Anyway for an early stage assessment I'd say it is definitely a great analog delay, and the modulations can be fun... But if you're not into 'whacky' effects I'd just go with the toy.

Alf - I don't have a 1/8" to 1/8" cord, so I gotta track one down to make you some clips...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Oct 22, 2009,
^Thanks guys. It kind of sucks though, I just subletted our spare bedroom to a friend, so now my jam time is pretty non-existent. I can play at a decent volume and its not a problem, but I'm used to having the house to myself 3 days a week for some loud jams... Hence the Amplug.

BTW - I strongly recommend the Amplug to anyone that doesn't have a way to play through headphones. I played for an hour last night LAYING IN BED... It was awesome.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
HNGD!

The memory boy could be something really nice to play with.
Ibanez JEM 555 > Line 6 POD XT Live > Behringer MS16 Monitor Speakers

"Asked us if we were happy, we said we didn't know...
Took us by the hands and up we go..."

Italians do it better.
HNGD! I need and EHX maybe mig muff and play some old skool santana. but yea +1 for memory boy clips
Quote by maverick_137
HNGD! I need and EHX maybe mig muff and play some old skool santana. but yea +1 for memory boy clips

As soon as I track down a 1/8" to 1/8" you'll have clips of both... I may go to Radio Shack today and grab one. Whenever I do I'll do clips of increasing amounts of modulation so you guys can see what I mean about it getting 'out of control.'
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
HPNGD amigo. Better strike some deal with your buddy so you can play loud more often
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
HPNGD amigo. Better strike some deal with your buddy so you can play loud more often

Thanks man. He will be in and out I think, he's just using our place as a starting point while looking for jobs and a place to permanently live, so I should get at least a day a week. He doesn't really mind it, but I don't like playing with him around or anyone really... I dunno why but I don't like to play with people even in earshot. I don't mind when I know I'm going to be playing for people, but when I just want to mess around I really prefer no one be around.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Nice HNGD!!!

I never had the problem with finding time to play loud when I rented a room to my buddy. Prolly cuz he brought his carvin tube half-stack with him
Quote by MetalHead916
Nice HNGD!!!

I never had the problem with finding time to play loud when I rented a room to my buddy. Prolly cuz he brought his carvin tube half-stack with him

This guy brought a 37" LCD TV, and a need for sportscenter 24/7...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
As soon as I track down a 1/8" to 1/8" you'll have clips of both... I may go to Radio Shack today and grab one. Whenever I do I'll do clips of increasing amounts of modulation so you guys can see what I mean about it getting 'out of control.'

Isn't that just an EHX thing, it's normal up to a certain point and then beyond that it just gets a little bit crazy.

HNGD sir!
I've always looked at the amplugs and wondered what they'd be like, might be worth looking into since I'm working so much at the moment I barely get time to sit down with my amp
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
Isn't that just an EHX thing, it's normal up to a certain point and then beyond that it just gets a little bit crazy.

HNGD sir!
I've always looked at the amplugs and wondered what they'd be like, might be worth looking into since I'm working so much at the moment I barely get time to sit down with my amp

This is my first EHX pedal so I didn't know that, but it makes sense. Its actually kind of cool, there will be uses for the over the top modulations, just not very 'normal' ones.

I'd definitely look into the Amplugs, it sounds way better than I expected.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
HNAD man.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2