hey guys i got a quick question. whats the difference between regular ESP and ESP LTD? LTD are better right? i always thought ltd were the igher end of esp but my friend is telling my that ltd are the lower end of esp. infact, i tried out and ltd and the quality was amazing it was almost god-like. with that said i want to know if ltd is better, worse, or no different than regular ESPs.
LTDs are the lower end. They are made in Korea or Indonesia of lesser quality parts and QC compared to ESP, which are made in Japan.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
idk i think ltd is still a good brand though. all in all, if you like a ltd guitar, buy it. dont listen to all the people who rip on it
GEAR

1976 Gibson SG
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Takamine GS330S Acoustic
Crate 65 watt
Crybaby classic wah
wasn't there a thread on this earlier today? but yeah, ltds are the lower end version of esp.
i just read that it depends on what you get, if you get aa 1000-4000 series it is made on an assembly line in korea but if you get a 400 or below series it is made in indonesia and not on an assembly line. is that true? if it is than i am ok because i was plannng on getting the F-250 or the V-200
Last edited by Riffofthebeast at Oct 22, 2009,
Quote by Riffofthebeast
so ltd's suck??? when i tired out that ltdd u fell in love with it.

Well compared to a super high end guitar they do, I guess. I have one and love it to death. If you tried one out and loved it than it shouldn't matter what anybody else thinks.
Because deep down, I know you want to:

My Youtube Channel

Constructive criticism is always welcomed.
It depends which LTD you're talking about, as they vary...the top of the line LTDs are really great. I have an LTD EC-1000 Deluxe that I've A/B'd side by side with an ESP Eclipse II, and the difference was really quite minimal.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
i just read that it depends on what you get, if you get aa 1000-4000 series it is made on an assembly line in korea but if you get a 400 or below series it is made in indonesia and not on an assembly line. is that true? if it is than i am ok because i was plannng on getting the F-250 of the V-200

Generally speaking, the lower numbers are the 'worst' guitars in the range. If I remember correctly, the 400 series are considered to be good guitars for the money, and the 1000 series are very similar but with extra cosmetic touches.
The 400s/401s are decent guitars, as good as any other for the price range.
The 1000s are about the same basica quality as the 400s/401s, but with a very fancier finishes and occasionally slightly improved hardware.

The actual ESP models are much better than the 1000s, but they do cost a lot more too.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
Generally speaking, the lower numbers are the 'worst' guitars in the range. If I remember correctly, the 400 series are considered to be good guitars for the money, and the 1000 series are very similar but with extra cosmetic touches.

yeah but cosmetics dont matter that much to me. im more about feel.
It doesnt really matter if people flame them for where they're made. If it feels right to you then use that guitar/brand. Its better to buy that than a really expensive top-end guitar that you hate
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

hey i noticed something, when i look on websites/magazines/catalogs i notice that when u look for ESP there are only a few that are actualy esp the rest are all ltd.
it's like Epiphone and Gibson. all the guitars are based off the same thing, but the Gibson versions are much better.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
LTD = Cheaper version of ESP

But LTD makes great guitars that could easily match an ESP.
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
I own a ESP ltd Viper-400. Awesome guitar, i love the feel. Sounds good too. Wish it stayed in tune a bit better. but that aside its awesome!
LTD is the set of lower end models. The LTD 400 series are some of the best guitars for the money though, IMO. Looking around, you can find them for relatively cheap used.
i just bought a ltd ec-1000 see through green from sam ash for 599.99 and it came with a free distortion pedal.

I played a esp VB just like my ec1000 while the guy put new strings on it for me.

The esp was alittle nicer, it had a ebony fretboard... which some ltd's have. not mine.

the most noticeable thing was the immense weight of the esp, which i thought sucked.

Both guitars had emg's in them and they are real emg's. I am so stoked.

It was quality don't get me wrong. You would have to A have lots a dough or B be a sucker and waste money hoping somebody cared what 3 letters were on your stock.

It's not what epiphone is to gibson in my eyes, it's alittle different.
Last edited by ChuggyMcBr00tlz at Oct 23, 2009,
Quote by ChuggyMcBr00tlz
i just bought a ltd ec-1000 see through green from sam ash for 599.99 and it came with a free distortion pedal.

I played a esp VB just like my ec1000 while the guy put new strings on it for me.

The esp was alittle nicer, it had a ebony fretboard... which some ltd's have. not mine.

the most noticeable thing was the immense weight of the esp, which i thought sucked.

It was quality don't get me wrong. You would have to A have lots a dough or B be a sucker and waste money hoping somebody cared what 3 letters were on your stock.

Our C, prefer having 22 frets over 24 on a 24.75" scale, like the tone of a maple top even on a solid color finish, and, overall prefer the feel of an handcrafted instrument.

ESP Standard series ARE better than LTD 1000s. PERIOD.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying LTD 1000s are bad instruments. They are pretty high end guitars. They just don't match ESPs higher end.
LTD are pretty good and sturdy. ESPs are definately better, since they're made with higher quality parts, and higher quality labor. if u can, get an ESP over and LTD. but if u paly and LTD and it suits you, by all means get it. the higher end LTDs i've heard are great.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Here's the order the guitars go in:
ESP Custom>ESP Standard>LTD 1000/LTD Signature 600 series>LTD 401 series>LTD 200/Signature 200 series>100 Series>50 series.

That being said, they're all pretty good for the price you pay compared to a lot of guitars in that range.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by ChuggyMcBr00tlz

yeah it does seem different than gibson and epiphone to me too
Quote by flanders_91
LTD are pretty good and sturdy. ESPs are definately better, since they're made with higher quality parts, and higher quality labor. if u can, get an ESP over and LTD. but if u paly and LTD and it suits you, by all means get it. the higher end LTDs i've heard are great.

yo how do you like your bugera 6262 i am thinking bout grabbing 333xl
Quote by rocnroll4evr93
idk i think ltd is still a good brand though. all in all, if you like a ltd guitar, buy it. dont listen to all the people who rip on it

couldn't agree with you more. if the guitar feels good when you play it, then get it!
You missed out ESP Original Series

Quote by oneblackened
Here's the order the guitars go in:
ESP Custom>ESP Standard>LTD 1000/LTD Signature 600 series>LTD 401 series>LTD 200/Signature 200 series>100 Series>50 series.

That being said, they're all pretty good for the price you pay compared to a lot of guitars in that range.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
so ltd's suck??? when i tired out that ltdd u fell in love with it.

ltd's definetly do NOT suck. iv played a couple and they were very nice. there just made approad and use cheaper woods, licensed floyds etc. still pretty good quality and value for money.
I have an ESP LTD EC-500 and it absolutely is a fantastic instrument.

so it may be the "lower end" of the ESP line, but generally ESP makes higher quality guitars for a better price than many of the...other... big name companies.....
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
You missed out ESP Original Series

what are those?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The Custom Shop and Original Series ESPs are handcrafted in Japan while the Standard Series ESPs are made in the ESP factory in Japan.

Customshop and Original series are about US$3000 and above if you still wondering...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

i found out ESP doesnt make the model i want only ltd does. i wanted the ltd F-250 i tried it out at a small guitar shop and i fell in love with it. so yeah i dont see anything wrong with getting an ltd now that i know esp doesnt even make it.