It's worth whatever it'll bring. If you like it, go 4 it, **** the world and what anybody says. If you want it make it yours. Just play the damned thing before you pony up. Looks nice enough, but you know what they say about looks.....
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience
It's nearly 50 years old, so you might want to be wary. I'm a fan of a lot of the obscure 60's guitars, but nothing beats trying before you buy.
There is a 173 on da bay right now with a BIN of $389. Have you checked completed listings on eBay?
I have owned a hofner guitar before, and it was a decent sounding instrument. It is pretty bad idea to buy it for flipping, though. The one I had I bought for $300 and I had a ridiculously hard time trying to sell it for even a third of what I got it for.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
play it. If you think it is worth it, buy it. All I am saying is buying it, and then trying to sell it to make a profit is a bad idea.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Used older Hofners are very hard to sell - there is little collector interest.
"Rare" or not, you might be stuck with it for some time. If it's such a great investment, why is it so cheap?

mark
"I'm very happy to be here - on Earth." Les Paul, Inventors Hall of Fame induction speech.
Quote by Beng001
Hey guys

I saw a rare guitar here: Rare

and I wanna buy it

how much does it worth?

is it good?

thnx

You made my day