Page 1 of 2
Something of a follow on from the "What do you think Emo is?" thread.

I've seen this "scene" (see what i did there?) thing around, and all u pit monkeys bitching about it - what the hell is it?

And can someone give a remotely useful answer, not just ur value judgement i.e. "they're f*ckin shit/gay/unintelligent insult."
It's like emo only gayer.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
I always assumed they were gay
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
its what people who want to keep up with the current scene, it changes but currently its looking like an emo, exept that your a prep. in the 90's scene was grunge. and so on.
They dress funny, listen to bad music, and define themselves based on those two characteristics.

*Not to be confused with hipsters, who are basically the same, only with a pseudo-artistic facade and a hard on for irony.
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Oct 21, 2009,
Quote by neidnarb11890
They dress funny, listen to bad music, and define themselves based on those two characteristics.

Oh I thought that was metal.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
So most of you just made value judgements - nice. But from the one vaguely intelligible answer i got, thank you puertonicob, it seems that this "scene" thing that you're all bitching about is what the rest of the world calls FASHION - or hav i missed something?
Quote by Fenderhippie69
It's like gay only emoer.

Fixed.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
People who want to be cool among the emo crowd but who are not actually emo themselves. Basically emo fashion.
Quote by dispreferred
it seems that this "scene" thing that you're all bitching about is what the rest of the world calls FASHION - or hav i missed something?

Missed the bad music part too.

Edit: I joke. Who am I to judge?
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Oct 21, 2009,
Kids who keep up with "underground fasion". Right now, they're defined as kids who like to wear tight pants, loud, colorful band t-shirts, straight hair for guys, teased for girls and lots of makeup.
Choice of garb is influenced by musical taste.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

Originally Posted by dispreferred
^still missing the difference between scene and fashion.

Fashion is about fitting in while most scene kids are "unique".
Quote by dispreferred
So most of you just made value judgements - nice. But from the one vaguely intelligible answer i got, thank you puertonicob, it seems that this "scene" thing that you're all bitching about is what the rest of the world calls FASHION - or hav i missed something?

why thank you *e-peen extends*

yes, SCENE IS A FASHION JUST AS MUCH AS WEARING AMERICAN APPAREL AND SUCH ITS NOT A LIFESTYLE THATS THE EMOS YOUR THINKING OF.
QUOTE=sk8nalmost1394]People who want to be cool among the emo crowd but who are not actually emo themselves. Basically emo fashion.
Quote by RentACar
Kids who keep up with "underground fasion". Right now, they're defined as kids who like to wear tight pants, loud, colorful band t-shirts, straight hair for guys, teased for girls and lots of makeup.
Choice of garb is influenced by musical taste.

So collectively, ur saying that u can't wear skinny jeans, bright shirts or band shirts unless you cut yourself?
Quote by sk8nalmost1394
No, I said people that are not emo themselves. Think emo without the cutting.

holy rash generalizations batman!

Fact: Not all emo's cut themselves and not all people who cut themselves are emo.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Oh I thought that was metal.

I'm a metalhead but that was a good one.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by wizards?

Fact: Not all emo's cut themselves and not all people who cut themselves are emo.

+eleventybillion
Scene?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by wizards?

I know, I'm friends with emo people who don't cut, emo people who do, and non-emo people who do cut. I meant think the emo stereotype fashion. Looking back it was a bad way to put it.
scene kids are basically the preppy kids that dress like emo kids. they're of the sort that think they're being different but in actuality they are just following a trend.
Quote by dispreferred

So collectively, ur saying that u can't wear skinny jeans, bright shirts or band shirts unless you cut yourself?

Collectively, I'm not saying anything. I know emo kids don't cut themselves, and didn't say anything about Emo kids, assuming you automatically associated scene with emo.
I wear tight pants, and have straight hair. Call me scene, even though I don't listen to that music. And I for sure don't cut myself. I also have an array of "EMOXOMGZ" shirts.
Re-read what I wrote. I just generalized someone defined as "scene"
Last edited by RentACar at Oct 21, 2009,
Quote by The4thHorsemen
scene kids are basically the preppy kids that dress like emo kids. they're of the sort that think they're being different but in actuality they are just following a trend.

So scene and emo then are technically exactly the same thing - thinking ur different and following a trend.
EMO IS HARDCORE WITH EMOTIONAL LYRICS. PEOPLE WHO LISTEN TO EMO DON'T DRESS "SCENE".

Seriously, I get pissed off every time someone thinks emo is Paramore, or Escape the Fate or Silverstien or anything like that.
Quote by dispreferred
So scene and emo then are technically exactly the same thing - thinking ur different and following a trend.

No. Emo was a genre of music in the mid 90's that's dead. Scene is a trend that will hopefully go away in a couple of years like the nu metal fad.
Quote by dispreferred

yea, very similar, except scene kids tend to be more of the popular type preppy kids and without the depressive nature

also, I'd like to point out that I'm generalizing, just like if i were to describe the pit I would say that they're all addicted to fapping, virgin, morally debased teenagers with no social lives. though it may not be true of all or a good portion it would still describe the behavior and such.

edit: dude above me, that may be so, be it evolved into something else.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Oct 21, 2009,
look at brokencyde, they are "scene" its a style of dressing almost exactly the same as "emo" except for there are brighter colors and the kids range from normal to douche bags instead of being depressed

some bands are called scene but thats even more incorrect than calling metalcore emo
Page 1 of 2