I called my local music store yesterday, and asked which amps they had in stock. I will probably only be able to go there for 2 hours at the most, and I do not go often(>1 time per month). So I was wondering which amps I should look at to "Know which sound I am looking for."

I do not have a budget, since I am only trying amps, to help me know what tone I want. And this is not a complete list, but I would like to know what I should be looking at most closely on this list. The brand listed are the only available brands in this store, though, so no other brands please.

I like playing Metallica, AC/DC, and Black Sabbath. Here is the list:

Peavey-
Vypyr Series
Windsor Series
Valveking Series
6505 Series

Bugera-
6260 Series
333XL

Roland-
Cube Series

Mesa-
Dual Rec

Orange
Randall

Thanks.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
the Bugera's and Peavy's
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
If you have no budget limitations...

Mesa Mark V...

it'll do any tone you want easily... and with it a bit of mods... I'm sure it'll even wash the dishes. Not so sure about sex tho lol.

I wouldn't recommend the Dual rec... except for Metallica... but even then its only for certain songs.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
for what you are playing sit down with an orange. rockerverb 50 rips pretty hard so it will do metallica and sabbath well but really i have only ever heard a marshall sound like ac/dc.
Quote by ragingkitty
If you have no budget limitations...

Mesa Mark V...

it'll do any tone you want easily... and with it a bit of mods... I'm sure it'll even wash the dishes. Not so sure about sex tho lol.

I wouldn't recommend the Dual rec... except for Metallica... but even then its only for certain songs.

I checked with the owner to see if he had any Mark series amps. He only has the Dual Rec. and it's used.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.