I need help. Ive got a guitar lesson in 40 minutes. My teacher always asks "what do you want to do" and i say "i dont know". What should i say i want to do when he asks this? thanks
Last edited by dmirtygorachyov at Oct 21, 2009,
Umm,

your words make me wonder if I should report this thread.

EDIT: It was fixed
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Oct 21, 2009,
Lol "I dont know what you said but I think its something you get reported for."
Dud Ask To Lern Slash And Hendrix Soloz, They Is The Best Evar Made
1- Pay attention in English Class
2- Learn how to read tabs
3- ????
4- Profit!!!

I dunno, just say you want to learn how to play a Queen song
tell him that if he doesnt have lesson plans worked out based on your progress that hes a horrible teacher.
We don't even know what you know. How long have you been playing?
Some ideas:
Scales
A song you've heard and want to learn
Improvisation
Techniques like bending etc if you haven't got them down
Sweeping
tapping
good vibrato techniques
you want to pick faster? Alternate picking? ask for a song that uses the techniques you want to learn so you can develop them...

There's lots to ask for man, you gotta know what you want.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
If you don't know what you want to do, why the fuck are you playing guitar?
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Quote by ehlert99
Learn english - grammer and punctuation.

Learn spelling.

OT, if you always say "i don't know", then why are you taking guitar lessons? Surely there's something that motivates you.
Quote by ehlert99

Fail.

Quote by ehlert99
OT, if you always say "i don't know", then why are you taking guitar lessons? Surely there's something that motivates you..

I dont know what to do in the class, but i know what to do out of it. Thats my problem.
Last edited by dmirtygorachyov at Oct 21, 2009,
Quote by J C
Learn spelling.

OT, if you always say "i don't know", then why are you taking guitar lessons? Surely there's something that motivates you.

Hopefully it's not Guitar Hero that did so...
Study Herman Ri or a bird will shit on your head
Quote by Zugunruhe
for some reason this post makes me suspect theres something horribly wrong with you.

not that thats a bad thing...

...dont kill me.
Quote by Morbidyeti
If you study Herman Ri a bird will shit on your head

Fixed.
Quote by bubbamc119
He should be telling you what to do.

Find a new teacher.

What? If a student wants to learn a set curriculum then yes, the teacher should tell them what to do but for something like guitar for a hobby, the student should ask the teacher to teach them what they want. The teacher can then suggest "better" things and see if the student's interested.
Quote by XianXiuHong
What? If a student wants to learn a set curriculum then yes, the teacher should tell them what to do but for something like guitar for a hobby, the student should ask the teacher to teach them what they want. The teacher can then suggest "better" things and see if the student's interested.

Of course the student should tell the teacher what their goals are. But every lesson shouldn't start with the teacher asking them what they want to do. They should ask once every now and then to make sure they're on the right track, and plan lessons accordingly.
Quote by bubbamc119
Of course the student should tell the teacher what their goals are. But every lesson shouldn't start with the teacher asking them what they want to do. They should ask once every now and then to make sure they're on the right track, and plan lessons accordingly.

Well there's my ideal lesson plan right there
the teacher is asking u what u wanna do when u came there for a guitar lesson?
tell him to teach u chinese
Quote by ehlert99

Oh, the irony!