So I already have a good digital delay pedal (2 for that matter haha), but recently I've begun to appreciate analog delay. Now the analog setting on the DD-7 is nice, and serves it's purpose well, but it's dark as hell. I would rather have the option for a nice (normal) analog delay, and the dark one, and a digital one (hooray for 3 delay pedals).
So I'm looking at spending no more than $100 (CDN) on this pedal. I have no problem with going used.
Some options I was looking at were the EHX Memory Toy, EHX Memory Boy, EHX #1 Echo (not sure if this is too good?) and really other than those... I don't know of too many cheap analog delays.
I want a warm analog delay, and longer delay times (600-800ms is good).
Thanks in advance.
Gear
Ibanez JS1200
Agile 3000M w/ Emg 81/85
Takamine FP450SMC-SB
Peavey JSX w/ Saxon 2x12 (Eminence Governor's)
Line 6 M13
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez TS9DX
I'm honestly not sure about the exchange rates, but I love my MXR Carbon Copy.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
The EHX #1 Echo is digital and extremely cold and sterile.

I'd go for the Memory Boy myself.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
a used MRX Carbon Coppy
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
memory boys are better then carbon copys
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by steve!

Subjective.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
look at some older DOD analog delays, used gear is going to be your friend in finding the gems of the cheap world
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I know the #1 Echo is digital, but it is analog voiced... but is it any good?
And tbh, I don't really need anything fancy, I just need an analog delay, so would a Memory Toy still be a good bet?
A carbon copy is also definately out of my price range, I've seen them go for about $140 used (CDN) so can't do that.
Isn't there some cheap Ibanez analog delay, is that any good?
And should I just try and find some cheap random delays, and check them out?
Gear
Ibanez JS1200
Agile 3000M w/ Emg 81/85
Takamine FP450SMC-SB
Peavey JSX w/ Saxon 2x12 (Eminence Governor's)
Line 6 M13
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by DTay47
I know the #1 Echo is digital, but it is analog voiced... but is it any good?
Quote by Raijouta
The EHX #1 Echo is digital and extremely cold and sterile.

I'd go for the Memory Boy myself.
Just get a Memory Toy...
The Ibanez DE7 is a great pedal for the price, I think its digital but its mean to sound analog. Theres also a Danelectro delay thats supposed to be pretty nice for the price. Look at your local craigslist to see whats there, otherwise the EHX Memory Boy/Toy is a pretty safe fallback option.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

^ Yup thats the one I had in mind, I'm trying to get one of those myself currently.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by steve!

+1

not particularly fond of mb's, but cc's are extremely dark and muddy... pretty much exactly the opposite of what you (the general consumer) want from an analog delay.

i acknowedge though that cc's are a very love/hate pedal. if it's your thing, great, but it's not the same kinda' classic analog delay that you'd get out of a DMM or a AD9-type.

oh, and dgital delays that are made to sound analog are not at all the same thing. you're better off just using the boss you already own if that's what you want.
You don't really have many options besides the Memory Boy or Memory Toy. If you want more modulation options, and more control in general, go for the Memory Boy. The Memory Toy is still really nice though, especially for the price.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

I hear people say CC's are dark and muddy all the time, but I hear it as warm and organic...maybe I have it dialed it in juuuuuuust right or something.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by GrisKy
not particularly fond of mb's, but cc's are extremely dark and muddy... pretty much exactly the opposite of what you (the general consumer) want from an analog delay

I like mine, it is darker than most but I'd consider it warm myself. I wouldn't say it's worse than a memory boy, I prefer the sound of my CC. Anyway it's a moot point as it's too much for the TS.

The memory boy or toy should be in your budget TS.
like i said, it's love/hate all around... or more modestly like/dislike.

i believe a bigpart of that is what the rest of peoples' rigs look like. it's not going to sound the same through a twin as it would through a 5150... looped or front loaded... etc.

they're not BAD, it's just that people either like them or they don't. i don't particularly, you guys do, great. i still think they're over priced tho