I am looking to play something classical, can anyone recommend some tunes? Basically something that sounds harder than it is (because im not very good). Ive done Moonlight Sonata (adagio), Fur Elise, Wait for Sleep, Butterflies and Hurricanes etc.
Last edited by IntegralSmurf at Oct 21, 2009,
Quote by TV-Casualty
i see no question. good luck, friend.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Where is the question?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
He's asking for suggestions from Piano players about classical music that sounds difficult and flashy. He then proceeds to give examples of what he has learned
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
make up your own stuff with chords and 7s and 9s. key of Eb or Ab. That's what I do. gets people to oo and aww when we're all drunk
Quote by SSDaniel105
make up your own stuff with chords and 7s and 9s. key of Eb or Ab. That's what I do. gets people to oo and aww when we're all drunk

Ive done that a lot, im bored of it
Start composing then?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by IntegralSmurf
I am looking to play something classical, can anyone recommend some tunes? Basically something that sounds harder than it is (because im not very good). Ive done Moonlight Sonata (adagio), Fur Elise, Wait for Sleep, Butterflies and Hurricanes etc.

"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
Quote by TheReverend724
How good are you?

I listed several compositions in the opening post to illustrate my technical capabilities.
umm

any of Muzio Clementi's Sonatinas are good and are fairly easy

also Tarentella by Albert Pieczonka if you can play it

also get this book

Last edited by TheReverend724 at Oct 21, 2009,
Quote by TheReverend724
umm

any of Muzio Clementi's Sonatinas are good and are fairly easy

also Tarentella by Albert Pieczonka if you can play it

Perfect.

Thank you very much.
Though, if you're still a beginner, I wouldn't shoot for Tarentella right away

some parts are hard, especially if you play it at the tempo I do
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQBbju3QQrU&feature=related
Quote by TheReverend724
Though, if you're still a beginner, I wouldn't shoot for Tarentella right away

some parts are hard, especially if you play it at the tempo I do
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQBbju3QQrU&feature=related

im pretty fast fingered. basically ive been running scales on the piano for 10 years but couldnt be bothered playing much else until this last year.

answer some other questions for me:-

Eb Blues scale what fingering? r2341231 ?? l ???
I have small hands and fingers, when i play certain black keys i cant put as much power into them as i want and sometimes i'm sloppy on them. How can i solve this?

I did Rudess's co-ordination exercises which help me but any other suggestions for co-ordination? I do harmonising scales starting on different notes on each hand.

Also any tips for fast trills???!?

btw i cant afford a teacher.
Last edited by IntegralSmurf at Oct 21, 2009,
I say learn Chopin's Etude in Cm. Opus 11 number 9 I think it is. I can't remember exactly. It's what I'm learning. It sounds harder than what it is or somewhere in between. Either way, it really requires good coordination and will build some good skills for you while at the same time impressing the hell out of most others. It should at least. If anything, the finger movement should impress.
Quote by IntegralSmurf
Eb Blues scale what fingering? r2341231 ?? l ???
I have small hands and fingers, when i play certain black keys i cant put as much power into them as i want and sometimes i'm sloppy on them. How can i solve this?

I did Rudess's co-ordination exercises which help me but any other suggestions for co-ordination? I do harmonising scales starting on different notes on each hand.

Also any tips for fast trills???!?

btw i cant afford a teacher.

I don't know much about blues, but I'd guess it would be a Eb mixolydian scale (major scale with a flat 7th)

A good piece for finger independence is Prelude and Fugue in G major by Bach

just practice trills between different fingers