So, I prefer being in a three person band for a variety of reasons, but it can be annoying with only one guitar, so would using a loop pedal JUST for laying down a track behind solos or to have guitar and then add like synth be kind of cheating. Idk anyway, what are your opinions. Also get a second guitarist is not an answer. Thanks all
i wouldn't consider using it to fill out your sound cheating.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
not if its you playing the backing track on the loop

thats all good.

if you're a 1 man gig, singing and doin lead overtop of your looped rhythm and drums, its fair enough

i've done it before, went over well
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
nah not cheating. Everyone does it these days. Green Day are looping kings
Team Up
Team Up
no, it makes your sound fuller (if thats a word)
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
If youre good enough to record the loop on the spot so that the audience can see that it's what you just laid down, perfectly to the beat, noones going to say anything about it, but alot of people will probably be impressed by it. It's just one more thing to deal with while performing which adds up quickly. I honestly don't understand how people loop, play guitar and sing all at the same time. I'm just now starting to learn to sing and I can't even try to play and sing right now cause I'm aweful at it, lol.
I have giant GAS for the time bender pedal!
Agile 2800 Baritone (Crunchy Rail bridge/Fat Pat Neck) or Douglas WRL 590 -> MXR Super Comp -> -> MXR M108 EQ -> Peavey 5150 212 (Eminence Redcoat Gov) or Bugera V5
Not cheating at all. Its actually something I think I'm gonna have to do someday, and honestly something I want to try.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
noooo wayyyy is that cheating. That takes alot of talent. I've never tried live, but I'm sure I wouldnt be able to do it.
Stuff:
-Orange Tiny Terror head
-Roland Cube 20x
-Ibanez SA
-Ibanez RG7321
-Fender MIM Strat
-EB Music Man SUB 1
Have you seen Liam Finn's use of it? He loops some chords, then loops a bassline over that, then a lead/mini solo, then sits down and plays some drums over it.

Music is art. There is no such thing as cheating.
ya dude, how else are you supposed to solo? you need something behind it! Seriously, if you can lay it down live you score like 10 cool points.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by the_perdestrian
ya dude, how else are you supposed to solo? you need something behind it!
Get the bassist to turn up the distortion and play an octave higher.
It's just another tool to help you create/perform music.
404: Sig not found.
It is music so just about anything goes. One exception is doing the milli vinilli thing and just going through the motions on stage and a tape is playing in the back ground.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok
It is music so just about anything goes. One exception is doing the milli vinilli thing and just going through the motions on stage and a tape is playing in the back ground.

it doesn't take away the fact that (some of) "their" songs were actually pretty good.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/