I just received my VOX AD100VTH Monday that I purchased off eBay for a cool $200 and I am falling in love with it just like my AD50VT.

But tonight, while I was grinding out some Johnny B. Goode, it suddenly spiked in volume and crackled a bit for about half a second. I thought maybe I wiggled the jack or maybe my guitar was beginning to explode, so I waited a second and it happened again without me doing anything. I have it plugged into my also new V30 1x12 cab. I played a little bit more, lightly then a little harder and it seemed to have stopped. I didn't want to have it spike again and then blow my speaker, so I turned it off.

I had been playing earlier for about an hour and a half with no issues, and came back maybe 2 hours later to play more. I had been sitting with it on, but not playing for maybe 15 minutes. I've heard plenty of people talking about problems involving loss of volume and tone, but not straight up spikes and cracking.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on? Hopefully nothing big. Not trying to repair my brand new head. Purchased from a "non-smoker who used it only for recording into a DAW".
'07 Fender MIM Strat-Sunburst
'09 Epiphone Les Paul Custom-White
Digitech Whammy
Boss Overdrive/Distortion
VOX AD100VTH + Legion 4x12 Cab
VOX AD50VT + Sunn 2x15 Cab
Squier P-Bass
Acoustic B200H and B115 cab
1967 Hammond J-111 Organ
SHUT CHO MOUF
Could not resist, it's rather late where I am.

Anyways, the problem could be of many things.
It seems what fixed the problem was switching to the cabinet, so possibly the cable between the poweramp and the first cabinet.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']
It seems what fixed the problem was switching to the cabinet, so possibly the cable between the poweramp and the first cabinet.
Whoops. I can see where my wording boinked that up. It was running into my cab the whole time.

It's also quite late where I am. The perks of a 12:30 class means late bedtime.
'07 Fender MIM Strat-Sunburst
'09 Epiphone Les Paul Custom-White
Digitech Whammy
Boss Overdrive/Distortion
VOX AD100VTH + Legion 4x12 Cab
VOX AD50VT + Sunn 2x15 Cab
Squier P-Bass
Acoustic B200H and B115 cab
1967 Hammond J-111 Organ