Like, things in sontgs that are really quiet or aren't supposed to be heard.

For instance, some people say that if you listen really closely in Let it Be, you can hear George say "Shut up, John".
At the end of Megadeth's cover of Paranoid the drummer keeps playing for too long and you can hear Dave screaming "NICK NICK!"
Originally Posted by neopowell
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
Don't know if this is a secret, but someone else sings the verses in Don't Fear the Reaper along with the main track. I believe it's an octave lower, and it's a little hard to hear for me.
The end of "The Thin Line Between Love and Hate" by Iron Maiden - really quietly one of the guys says something like "ohh I ****ing missed it..." and the other guys start laughing and one replies "haha can't say that on the tape. .. '****ing missed it' (imitating him) "
and actually, in the megadeth cover, after he's done saying "NICK, NICK!," Nick says "**** me running" it's really quiet but it's there
of course, who can forget "we've done four already but now we're steady and . . . . " at the beginning of "The Ocean" by Led Zeppelin
I dunno if it counts, but I'd heard that Tool's "Mantra", the ambient interlude before "Schism", is supposed to be a slowed down recording of Maynard squeezing one of his cats. I need a source on that.

A couple of pretty well-known Dream Theater examples... One is in the song "In The Name Of God". There's this kind of percussive "ticking" in the background of one section, which if spelled out in Morse Code, reads "eatmyassandballs". Another is during the solo section of the song "Octavarium", where the guitar/keyboard harmony apes a piece of "Jingle Bells". They even allude to this in the Score live video, where the animation of Jordan Rudess on the backdrop is dressed as Santa Claus during that bar. Another is that the Continuum solo in "The Dark Eternal Night" at the end was not even intended to be placed there, it was just something Jordan improvised while the rest of the band was recording, and they thought it sounded so awesome that they kept it.

Unbeknownst to most people who are fans of Pain Of Salvation, most of the lyrics on the DVD version of "BE" are completely different because they hadn't been written yet. Daniel Gildenlow was quite literally bullshitting his way through most of the lyrics, and even went so far as to mumble most of "Lilium Cruentus".
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
at the end of the last song on the meshuggah album, chaosphere, you can hear a conversation between the singer and someone else if you turn it up really really high.

=)
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
At the end of Metallica's cover of Blitzkrieg you can hear Lars say 'I fucked up... in one place' which Hetfield laughs a little. Also on Metallica's Cover of Helpless at the end you hear Lars again say 'Keep it ringing out let it ring out... OK turn it off now.'

Also at the beginning of My Curse by Killswitch Engage I can hear what I presume the Drummer's Stool creaking.

Another also, does anyone actually know what the Drummer (I presume) says at the beginning of Pantera's Domination?
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Last edited by benjy118 at Oct 22, 2009,
The god-awful autotune when Steven says "god" in the first verse of Even Less by Porcupine Tree.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by benjy118
At the end of Metallica's cover of Blitzkrieg you can hear Lars say 'I fucked up... in one place' which Hetfield laughs a little. Also on Metallica's Cover of Helpless at the end you hear Lars again say 'Keep it ringing out let it ring out... OK turn it off now.'

Also at the beginning of My Curse by Killswitch Engage I can hear what I presume the Drummer's Stool creaking.

Another also, does anyone actually know what the Drummer (I presume) says at the beginning of Pantera's Domination?

Didn't really hear any of them. Maybe my ears are bad.
green day - good riddance. after the second false start, he says 'oh, f***' before starting again
nick_b is currently obsessed with:
Pokemon
Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
Quote by benjy118

Bert stinks like a mutha-f*cker, iirc.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Lennon drops the F-bomb halfway through "Hey Jude."
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
The Beatles' song, Maxwell's Silver Hammer, around 1:20 Paul laughs because John mooned him.
ERADICATE THIS DISEASE

Because it's killing me.
Quote by Eradicated
The Beatles' song, Maxwell's Silver Hammer, around 1:20 Paul laughs because John mooned him.

That's weird. How do people find out about things like that? (rhetorical question)
If u pay attention to the Joanas Brothers cd u can hear them whisper......I cum blood
MY gear

Carvin DC 200
Crate GLX 200h
Monster Cable Rock
Dunlop Stubbys 3.0
MIsfits Skullbusters strings
Quote by sicx47h
If u pay attention to the Joanas Brothers cd u can hear them whisper......I cum blood

I loled, but serious stuff please.
Quote by Kevin19
That's weird. How do people find out about things like that? (rhetorical question)

Interviews I'm guessing.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Oasis - The Masterplan

Noel singing (or just saying) a few lines from Octopus's Garden at the end
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Listen to Wretch by Protest the Hero, you can clearly hear Rody's cat meowing in one of the breaks.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Quote by Nafon
Wish you were here - Pink Floyd

Everyone can hear the cough.

that cough is there for a purpose...

epic song
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Not really a secret, but ;

If you rewind the CD of Songs for the Deaf from 00:00 on track 1 (Millionaire) about 1:30, then play, you can hear the 'real' song for the deaf.

Make sure you're using a conventional CD player.
Quote by wesselbindt
I believe there is some Weird Al Yankovic song where if you play it backwards you hear him say "satan eats cheese whizz."

Yeah, isn't that a spin-off of a slayer song where they say join us backward?
Why haven't anyone mentioned nevaeH oT yawratS?

Just play stairway to heaven backwards, really disturbing.

EDIT: You got it^, but the whole STH has backward lyrics.
Last edited by GisleAune at Oct 22, 2009,
At the end of Silverfuck (Smashing Pumpkins), Billy shouts out "This take, don't give a fuck!" and then laughs. I'm guessing they had taken up quite a bit of studio time recording.

Edit: Also TS, can you tell me what time you can hear George telling John to shut up? I'm intrigued

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
in the song "Maxwell's Silver Hammer"by the Beatles there is a part where you hear Paul s****** and I found out later that it was because John mooned him through the recording room glass hehehe
Quote by GisleAune
Why haven't anyone mentioned nevaeH oT yawratS?

Just play stairway to heaven backwards, really disturbing.

EDIT: You got it^, but the whole STH has backward lyrics.

And you believe that's deliberate? You can trick yourself into hearing anything.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
not really "hidden" but at the end of the "secret" track of Velvet Revolver's Libertad album after Scott finishes country yodelling I think it might be Dave Kushner that says something like "haha whatever, dude" because of Scott's voice wank xD
Quote by destroy_techno
this girl like said it was all screemz so I like punched her in teh face, serves her right stupid bish, don't fukk with Pantera