I was recently using a windows bases PC with various software for programming my drums but have just upgraded my shit to a beast of an iMac..

my main piece of software was "acoustica beatcraft" which is an amazing drum sequencer if anyone has used it..

sadly beatcraft is a windows only product. meaning i cant run it on my new mac.

if ANYONE knows of an alternative drum sequencer which is basically a replica of beatcraft please let me know!!!

thanks in advance
you can program drum patterns in any DAW, including Garageband, which is included with your mac.
try using a program like crossover to run it.

Seeing as it is such a powerful mac, it shouldnt have too much trouble running properly
Quote by jimmy_neutron
try using a program like crossover to run it.

Seeing as it is such a powerful mac, it shouldnt have too much trouble running properly

could be worth a shot, but why bother when there are plenty of native OS X solutions available?

i used Beatcraft years ago, and i've gotta say that it was utter crap compared to the kind of thing you can get done in Garageband/Reaper/Logic.
Quote by TheDriller
could be worth a shot, but why bother when there are plenty of native OS X solutions available?

i used Beatcraft years ago, and i've gotta say that it was utter crap compared to the kind of thing you can get done in Garageband/Reaper/Logic.

Garageband is totally a step up, but the sequencer/piano roll is just so hard to map out your own drum beats, where as beatcraft was so simple.

or is there something im missing in garageband?? haha

thanks
Quote by ColdDarkHeart
Garageband is totally a step up, but the sequencer/piano roll is just so hard to map out your own drum beats, where as beatcraft was so simple.

Personal preference of course, and some people do find the piano roll a bit awkward, but it gives such un-paralleled flexibility with the micro-timing of the drum hits that (with a bit of getting used to it) , it makes the beatcraft step-sequencer feel very clunky.

my advice is to give Garageband a serious shot, open up the manual and learn how its done, spend sone time with it and you'll be writing great drum parts in no time.
I read a book a couple years ago on Garageband and was amazed at what's hidden inside - the more you study it the more you realize it's potential. In another forum I listened to a few demos done with Garageband and you'd swear they were done in some $100,000.00 studio... I use Logic Studio mostly nowadays but still fire up Garageband on occasion as it's so easy to git-r-done!
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
It is pretty easy to get a program like Tuxguitar or Guitar Pro to write the drums in, save it as a MIDI file, then put it in Garageband or Logic.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
Quote by grobbo91
It is pretty easy to get a program like Tuxguitar or Guitar Pro to write the drums in, save it as a MIDI file, then put it in Garageband or Logic.

Again the big question is : Why?

Each and every DAW has a perfectly good method of programming MIDI drums, why add in so much extra work for inferior results?