I use a Yamaha RGZ612 with a zoom multieffect.
What affordable humbucker should I get as an upgrade?(looking for a heavier sound like pantera etc)
Also the pots need changing, anyone who knows what values to get(10Kohm or what)?
And is it worth it to give a few extra dollars to get better ones like for example ALPS?
Iron Gear pickups

www.irongear.co.uk
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
im going with a Hammer Head on the bridge and then the Steam Hammer on the neck
Gear:
Guitars:
1. Epiphone Custom Shop Explorer Apparition
2. BC Rich Iron Bird 2003 LTD Spaceface
3. Gould KK Series LTD Reaper 600
4. BC Rich Warbeast WMD
5. Cort X6 Custom
6. Dradnaught Acoustic
I'd go with that Hammerhead from iron gear. Sounds savage! ive never heard of this company but im beginning to wish i didnt get hot rails and got their tele stack instead
I love the combination of clout and subtlety that the Hot Slag gives. Deffo having one on my new LP.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

maybe look into tonerider pickups. i have the paf style ones in my epiphone and they are brilliant for the price. if they are anything to go by the high output versions should be just as good.
For humbuckers, you want a 500kΩ audio taper pot for your volume and a 500kΩ linear taper pot for your tone.

I'd actually recommend the Hot Slag if you're gunning for a Pantera tone. Dimebag did not really have gut busting bass, Rex was the one providing the bass groove. You'd want clarity and good harmonic response for a Pantera tone.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Oct 22, 2009,
I had an active EMG(can't remember model) in my first guitarr many years ago.
That PU hade a really nice sound, but they are a bit costly.

This is the guitarr I'm using now(got one after years of not playing), one of the pics is my guitarr the other pics I found on the web.

Yamaha RGZ612:

Any way to convert it to a two humbucker guitarr that isn't very expensive?

I don't play in a band since many years but I try to learn to play the music I listen to.
So the sound I'm after isn't just Pantera, but also Godsmack, Nickelback, Creed, slipknot etc etc.

The Zoom Multieffekt is the Zoom 505.
I use via headphones or through my stereo speakers (15" woofer, 7" mid and B&G Neo8 magnetostat at the high end)

Would it make any difference to the sound to get the slightly more expensive ALPS pots to replace the old ones?

Now for a dumb question; Which of the three pots are tone, volyme etc?

I'm no stranger to soldering, I've built atleast 6 poweramps, 2 preamps, 1 headphone amp, my dipole speakers and much more.