I'm looking for some new pick ups for my guitar its a bc rich metal master warlock
I play some death metal and some heavy metal and thrash I pretty much play any type of metal and also some rock
I wanna go with passive coz its gonna be allot easier for me to do. I wanna keep it simple coz this will be the first guitar I'm going to change myself and since the pick ups it has now are passive
I have been thinking of doing Dimarzio PAF pro (Neck) and Super Distortion (Bridge)
what are your thought on this?
I found a vid on youtube with some1 doing it and it sounded pretty good I liked its sound but I'm still looking to see if theres any other pick ups or anything that I should look at before I buy them

any ideas?
BKP Warpigs.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

id be more concerned about acquiring punctuation skills before you buy pickups.
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Quote by zapatista89
id be more concerned about acquiring punctuation skills before you buy pickups.

lol grow up idiot its the internet you can still understand it act your age

thanx holycow, I'll look into them
Last edited by cameronol at Oct 22, 2009,
Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader (bridge).

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Quote by Lurcher
BKP Warpigs.

The truth is spoken

BKP's are the best
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Current amp?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Current amp?

this is all that matters at the moment, along with what it is you don't like about your tone currently and how you want it to change.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
this is all that matters at the moment, along with what it is you don't like about your tone currently and how you want it to change.

brighter tone and better output

its good how it is now I spent a few hours messing with the settings and stuff to get the sound I want but I would like brighter tone and better output
Quote by cameronol
brighter tone and better output

its good how it is now I spent a few hours messing with the settings and stuff to get the sound I want but I would like brighter tone and better output

Just for interest...what are your current settings?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
DiMarzio X2N
LOL@UR GERE!!!1 HURRZ MINE!
Customized Gibson Explorer (Alternative 8)
LTD mp-600
Charvel/Esp hybrid (Alnico 2 pro)
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Coming Soon: EngL StH Limited Edition
Quote by Chrisiphone
Just for interest...what are your current settings?

I use the boss NS-2 noise suppressor to keep the noise down, boss GE-7 equalizer to get a nice chunky sound, a coffin case blood drive to boost the distortion
and the amp I have on OD 1 sometimes 2 with gain: 9, volume: 7, Treble: 7, middle: 1.5, bass: 8
a (jazz/ full shred) might be a good combo for u check it out
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by cameronol
I use the boss NS-2 noise suppressor to keep the noise down, boss GE-7 equalizer to get a nice chunky sound, a coffin case blood drive to boost the distortion
and the amp I have on OD 1 sometimes 2 with gain: 9, volume: 7, Treble: 7, middle: 1.5, bass: 8

dont scoop ur mids
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Brighter tone?

Bare Knuckle Miracle Man.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by holycow
dont scoop ur mids

what do you recommend I put it at?

ragingkitty. I have never heard of them but I'll look into it thanx
Quote by cameronol
what do you recommend I put it at?

ragingkitty. I have never heard of them but I'll look into it thanx

around 4-6
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
around 4-6

I'll try that tomorrow parents are sleeping so I can't right now

but if I remember correctly I scooped the mids coz i liked them that way
Quote by cameronol

but if I remember correctly I scooped the mids coz i liked them that way

exactly. when did this pickup thread turn into an EQ thread?

to the point, don't be afraid to consider rockfield pickups. mafia, turbo, they have a good selection. i have a mafia coming in the mail right now, if this thread is still up 8 hrs from now i can tell you how it sounds (i have dsl too)
It's all about feel
Quote by hopespaul
exactly. when did this pickup thread turn into an EQ thread?

to the point, don't be afraid to consider rockfield pickups. mafia, turbo, they have a good selection. i have a mafia coming in the mail right now, if this thread is still up 8 hrs from now i can tell you how it sounds (i have dsl too)

awesome it should be still up

I'll check them out

yeah please do I would like to hear about it
To be honest, I'd start looking at other guitars at the moment rather than pickups. It'll play better, last longer, and it's really not worth modding a cheapish guitar unless it's a brilliant one in the first place (which low end BC Riches aren't).

Look at some LTDs, especially the 401 series of their models. Or maybe look at some Ibanezs or something.

And if you're looking for a clearer, more output sound, boost your mids. Mids are what makes everything clear, and give a bit more volume and grunt to your tone.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
You have an EQ (specifically the Boss GE-7 which can also be used as a boost pedal), and overdrive pedal, your gain is close to maxed and you still want higher output?

I think you're probably just not using your EQ and overdrive pedals as they're intended to be used. No pickup can match even a ''cool'' overdirve pedal in terms of boosting output and the GE-7 on top can increase your output as much as the active mid boosts that Fender use do. I would suggest you look at using your pedals more heavily before you start investing in high output pickups. Rellly, high output pickups are only used when you're not using any form of output boosting pedal at all.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by cameronol
awesome it should be still up

I'll check them out

yeah please do I would like to hear about it

oh man, the rockfield mafia really improved my tone. i was looking for metal, and the kind i play has a lot of 'chicken picking' (like single notes, something like old black dahlia murder), the pickups sound really clear and every note sticks out, and makes the dsl actually sound metal without ts 808 or any extra boost. highly recommend (oh, and they're only $50). the cleans aren't too bad either. i put one in the bridge, i might get one for the neck too, but idk
It's all about feel
Lil Macker. I have had this guitar for over 2 years now and it still plays as perfect as the day I got it and I love the feel and everything of it which is why i didn't want to buy a new guitar I just wanted to make it a bit better. I'll mess with the mids a bit

MrFlibble. I don't use the Boss GE-7 as a booster pedal I have it set so I can get a more chunky sound which is what the guitar was lacking before i got the pedal so I'm happy to be using it that way. I tried my friends 7 string which had emg active 707tw and it sounded so much better sound wise even when you didn't use the b string so thats what gave me the idea of getting better pick ups. I didn't change any of the settings on my amp it just sounded better while keeping my amp settings which is what I want out of my guitar

hopespaul. thats awesome I'll have a look into them

I would also like more sustain which is why I was going for the super distortion in the bridge
Last edited by cameronol at Oct 22, 2009,
Quote by cameronol
Lil Macker. I have had this guitar for over 2 years now and it still plays as perfect as the day I got it and I love the feel and everything of it which is why i didn't want to buy a new guitar I just wanted to make it a bit better. I'll mess with the mids a bit

All to their own I suppose. But at least go to a guitar shop and try some guitars out that might suit you; you might find a guitar that you prefer over yours.

And if you want more sustain, do like I said and turn up the mids. Even putting it up to like 4 will give you a bit more of a chunkier sound.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
All to their own I suppose. But at least go to a guitar shop and try some guitars out that might suit you; you might find a guitar that you prefer over yours.

And if you want more sustain, do like I said and turn up the mids. Even putting it up to like 4 will give you a bit more of a chunkier sound.

heh, to be honest, I still enjoyed playing my $200 Ibanez GAX70. Well.. until I got my RGT.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212