Overdrive or Ultra Gain...

My amp hadn't been giving me the tone I desired, even with my MXR boosting my tone. But lo' n behold, I was messing around last night and started playing every song I was covering through the Ultra Gain channel...

and the sound is perfect. Like, I don't even think I need to sell my amp anymore

I use the 'Gain' knob on the Ultra channel depending on what band im playing. I never really got past a gain of 5, which i used for The Devil Wears Prada's stuff, as to not muddy things up...but my tone was thick and palmmutes resonated with a nice bassy crunch.

I guess I was alwasy afraid of using the Ultra channel because I thought it would only be used for metal or some other stuff...even thought that the tone would be real muddy and cheap sounding...but it actually isn;t that bad

feels like a NAD

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
I use both the crunch and lead channels on my tsl.

the crunch channel is set up for a nice 80s crunch, while the lead channel is set up for thicker heavier alice in chains type sound
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
I use both the crunch and lead channels on my tsl.

the crunch channel is set up for a nice 80s crunch, while the lead channel is set up for thicker heavier alice in chains type sound

im not even talking about the crunch...which is great btw

but the lead channel..how's theres a Lead A & Lead B (Ultra)

I'd been using Lead A, but Lead B works so much better

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables