Found a guy that would sell a mint one for $800. Anyone have experience with this type of bass? I play mostly metal, prog rock and was wondering how it would fair. I have a stingray at the moment.
*edit: This will not be replacing the stingray, just wanted to get a comparison (feel/tone) from people that have played it before.
Last edited by american_yakuza at Oct 22, 2009,
Getting it just for fun or because you don't think the stingray is good enough? Because I'm pretty sure that the stingray is a better sounding piece of musical equipment.
Quote by octopec
Getting it just for fun or because you don't think the stingray is good enough? Because I'm pretty sure that the stingray is a better sounding piece of musical equipment.

better sounding is a matter of personal opinion. looks is a different story. the stingray looks better so stick with that
Warwick is an awesome bass, very growly, definitely would have no problem fitting into any sort of metal/prog situation. I don't think its better than your Stingray, but it definitely is going add some new tones to your arsenal.
I love the tone of the warwicks, the best basses available in the market IMO... I've already played a corvette double buck with an Ampeg amp and it sounded and played great.
Even God has a Hell, his love for Humanity.
by Friedrich Nietzsche

Call me Edge
I think it is just as good as the stingray.

but I've seen em cheaper, try to pull 600.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Mint condition? Sounds fine to me. Not an especially great price, but not an especially bad one either. Great bass. It'll actually get a similar sound to your SR in certain settings, but can vary widely from it as well.
Nope, no sig here.
i'm not a fan of the corvette, i feel compared to the thumb it just feels sub-par. but for 800 if you want something with 2 humbuckers that's well made sure go ahead
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
It's a great bass, I'd say its as good as the Stingray, they're just good at different things, you can't really compare them. $800 is pretty good if the condition really is mint, considering their price when they're new, but you could get a better price. Seen used ones go for $600-$700

EDIT: Is it an '09 model? Because older Warwicks have "baseball bat" necks that people either love or hate, and it feels very different then the Stingray. You'll definately want to try it out first if you can
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Last edited by Tostitos at Oct 22, 2009,
I don't usually like active basses and I don't usually like HB basses. I played a double buck some months back and it was amazing. Very dynamic tonal options, pretty comfy (though I didn't play it for hours on end) and good looking.

It's been a while, so I can't give a nice detailed list of objective observations, but I'll say I loved it.
i think it has a very earthy/woody tone. lots of output in a fat way. the controls are kinda confusing and dont seam to do anything at all at first glance. if you have a stingray then idk if its worth getting tho cuz they sound very similer prolly best spending your money elsewhere
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
If you can afford it sure, go buy it, its a great bass as good as your stingray equal quality etc.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I have 1 and i like them alot better then the stingray.If you got the money to spend on it then go for ide say
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
never played one but i always wanted one... double bucks just give me a boner every time i see one lol
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by Chunky_Lover
never played one but i always wanted one... double bucks just give me a boner every time i see one lol

+5
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble