im looking for a distortion pedal thatll get me a sound like whats in happy by mudvayne. im not much of a pedal expert so im not completely sure where to start looking at

EDIT: im probably gonna end up spending the money for a mesa dual rec roadster soon so it would be run through that
Last edited by Spuds27 at Oct 22, 2009,
skip the pedal, use the roadster's red channel. you won't need a pedal with the roadster to get that kind of tone, at least, if it sounds like the other mesas I've tried.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Spuds27
im looking for a distortion pedal thatll get me a sound like whats in happy by mudvayne. im not much of a pedal expert so im not completely sure where to start looking at

EDIT: im probably gonna end up spending the money for a mesa dual rec roadster soon so it would be run through that

Try the Mesa First.
Quote by mmjohn
Try the Mesa First.

Agreed. If you still need a boost, an OD or EQ would be better anyway. So the distortion pedal might be a waste of money.
+1 to both

Don't worry about pedals until you've got the amp. Mudvayne use VHT amps, I'm sure you can find a similar sound through your Mesa when it comes.

awesome, thanks. thats one less thing to worry about looking for