So I'm not really sure where this thread should be posted, here seemed about right.

Anyway, it's almost that time of year (Christmas) and I've decided to set my list up right this year with plenty of research. I'm looking to get a double bass and several other gear.

The pedal I would like to get, but is too expensive - http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Trick-Big-Foot-Double-Pedal?sku=482299

The pedal I'm planning on getting - http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibraltar-Avenger-II-Double-Pedal?sku=490046

And the beaters I'm planning on getting to replace the pedal I want to get - http://drums-percussion.musiciansfriend.com/product/Trick-Pro-1V-Detonator-Beater?sku=445509

My question is, has anyone used this pedal before? I have a rather large foot which tends to interfere with double kicks and various other things. I would much prefer a longboard pedal, but at the moment, I can't seem to find a decent priced one. Has anyone used this pedal before and how does it sound? I've heard it's a good pedal if you replace the beaters.

Any other pedal ideas are welcomed. Thanks.
Quote by Unofficial
You're right, **** being 15, you guys are all jerks.

Why would you try and state a "defense?" There's no defense for being a plain old ass.

My Roflcopter pwns your Roflcopter

Firm supporter in having a first ever drum forum
I guess there aren't many drummers on ug. :/
Quote by Unofficial

Why would you try and state a "defense?" There's no defense for being a plain old ass.

I obviously need to move this thread else where.
Quote by Unofficial

Have you actually went into a music store and tried these out? I wouldn't spend $750 on any piece of gear otherwise. I have a bias towards Iron Cobras..but for good reason. I think the rebound and control is a lot better than anything DW puts out and anything by Tama is built to last. I bought my first Iron Cobra double bass in 2001 and besides cosmetic reasons, it still works.

Pedals on a drum set aren't like on a guitar, they have NOTHING to do with sound..they have EVERYTHING to do with CONTROL. I know the two go hand and hand, but you can put those Trick beaters on any drum pedal you want. I've had at least 4 different beaters on the Iron Cobra.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
Try harmony central and check the user reviews section. You'll probably find reviews about what you are interested in.
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Yea, I've tried out several pedals, I enjoyed axis longboards quite a bit. I've played several iron cobras and they just aren't pleasing to me. The only reason I wish to replace the beaters is because the Gibraltar beaters apparently sound like sticks against a trashcan.
Quote by Unofficial

I think i'm just gonna get the Gibraltar for now, and when it comes time, i'll check out the trick pro, see if I like it, and probably get it.
Quote by Unofficial