I've got a couple of boss pedals and next to the dc input, they say "use boss psa adapter only". Is there any particular reason behind this, or is it ok to use a regular adapter?
it's because polarisation is reverse to regular pedals (I think), but it's mainly for commercial reasons, I use my adaptor for about 1.5 years now, and it's still working, just make sure you check the polarity, or it won't work/may be fried
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Use whatever fits snugly and matches the voltage and grounding (+/- inside or outside) and has enough ma.

Ex: the PSA is 9vdc, (-) center, (+) outer, at 500ma

EDIT: 2.1 barrel jack
Last edited by Rutch at Oct 22, 2009,
Boss just want your money as long as it is the correct amount of milli amps and its the right polarity, it doesn't matter.
Quote by MightyAl
Could be worse. Though from time to time, I would like to shoot them with rocket-propelled chainsaws.
For the most part, unless it's a Line 6, you'll be alright.
Line 6 pedals will pretty much explode if you put a regular adapter in them. Seriously.
ESP LTD EX400
Epi Explorer
Peavey JSX
Egnater Cab
DD7;NS2;ML2;RC20XL;BCB60;FS6;PH3
ISP Decimator
KH Wah
Pocket POD
Simmons SD9K

Quote by TheBodomBullet

Thank you, you've all been very informative and helpful (except you Mr_CiNiC, f*ck you.)
Love you too, babe.
Quote by IsaacDeano93
Boss just want your money as long as it is the correct amount of milli amps and its the right polarity, it doesn't matter.

+1, it's marketing. as long as the specs match up it'll be fine.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Mr_CiNiC
For the most part, unless it's a Line 6, you'll be alright.
Line 6 pedals will pretty much explode if you put a regular adapter in them. Seriously.

my DL-4 has been churning for months using an adapter that i found in hte attic...
Yup, you're fine, I've been using 1-Spots and other adapters with Boss pedals forever, no issues..
Quote by Poster_Nutbag
Yup, you're fine, I've been using 1-Spots and other adapters with Boss pedals forever, no issues..

+1

As long as the polarity matches up you should be fine.