There seem to be alot of threads asking about the ATX however i personally need inlays (because im awful) and im not a big fan of the finish on the ATX and i dont like actives loads
my main style is metal btw

So what are your opinions on this guitar?
Last edited by Tedis1111 at Oct 23, 2009,
Regarding the lack of inlays: I was pretty nervous at first when I got my first guitar with no inlays but after a couple days of playing, it won't matter. It still has the markers on the side of the neck for reference.
I personally think it's a great guitar. But I like the finish, (it comes in off white too.) I also like the pups and the inlays/lack of.

But it all comes down to how you feel about it. And what greifer said.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
I personally think it's a great guitar. But I like the finish, (it comes in off white too.) I also like the pups and the inlays/lack of.

But it all comes down to how you feel about it. And what greifer said.

i dont want the ATX for several reasons (the main being the pickups) i dont want hte ATX
Why are you asking if you dont want the guitar...?
Marshall TSL100h

Carvin Bolt
Quote by Blakeu224
Why are you asking if you dont want the guitar...?

i dont want the ATX i do want the other model.
Well there's the C-1 Classic.
C-1 Artist 2
Hellraiser C-1 (FR)
Just plain C-1 (FR)
Uhh...
C-1 Bloodmoon
C-1 Shedevil

I'd say the C-1 Artist 2 for sure. Coil tap, Seymour Duncan JB and '59 I think. It's basically a smaller Classic.
He doesn't want the ATX, he wants the normal regular Blackjack with passive SD's.
I think it will be a good guitar, though not as good for metal as the ATX or Hellraiser.
Quote by Aditya_ram
He doesn't want the ATX, he wants the normal regular Blackjack with passive SD's.
I think it will be a good guitar, though not as good for metal as the ATX or Hellraiser.

thank you however the hellraiser has active pickups, i often mess around with blues and stuff and i love playing mellow cleans sometimes so the passive will be better
is this true?
yes it is true. Although the ATX can give some really sparkly cleans as well. Other than the Blackjack, you might want to look at the C-1 Classic as well.
the c-1 blackjack looks very nice. JBs are great pups. they can handle practically anything. but the actives will do metal MUCH better. but if u dont like the ATX, then the regular blackjack will be the next best thing. go for it. well try it out first if u can.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
I don't think they are real JBs, just those HB105s or w/e.

and if you get the trem model you're not getting an OFR either.

but play it, and if you like it, buy it?
Quote by Tedward
I don't think they are real JBs, just those HB105s or w/e.

and if you get the trem model you're not getting an OFR either.

but play it, and if you like it, buy it?

do you actually know what guitar im looking at?? i just checked the schecter website and everything you just said was BS
Quote by Tedis1111
do you actually know what guitar im looking at?? i just checked the schecter website and everything you just said was BS

it's a brand new model. All the previous Blackjack series had shitty pickups and I thought you were talking about the trem model, which also isn't an OFR just like the regular C1s.

Also, you shouldn't be such a hostile prick, no one will want to help you out.
Quote by Tedward
it's a brand new model. All the previous Blackjack series had shitty pickups and I thought you were talking about the trem model, which also isn't an OFR just like the regular C1s.

Also, you shouldn't be such a hostile prick, no one will want to help you out.

you should seriously check the schecter website, it comes with an OFR and the JB/59' pups
Quote by Tedward

False. It's not a brand new model, it just has new inlays. The old Blackjacks always had real SDs (the C-1s don't). And the trem has been an original Floyd Rose for as long as the Blackjack FR has been offered. The regular C-1 FRs did have licensed ones though.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Quote by Tedis1111
you should seriously check the schecter website, it comes with an OFR and the JB/59' pups

I just did. I just said that I didn't realize they redid the Blackjack line of guitars with better hardware.

It's a good guitar now GTFO
Quote by ManInAClownSuit
False. It's not a brand new model, it just has new inlays. The old Blackjacks always had real SDs (the C-1s don't). And the trem has been an original Floyd Rose for as long as the Blackjack FR has been offered. The regular C-1 FRs did have licensed ones though.

the webiste says it has and OFR and JB/59'
Quote by Tedward
I just did. I just said that I didn't realize they redid the Blackjack line of guitars with better hardware.

It's a good guitar now GTFO

The Hardware is the same i think. Only the Inlays changed to the card inlays on the 12th fret. The Pups have always been real SD's and the trem on the FR version is an Original Floyd Rose.