so I'm gonna get some money due to some scolarships and i wanna buy some new equipment since i've been playing for about 3 or 4 years and still have a squier. My question is will this gear be a good idea or does someone have a better idea?

AMP ===> Orange Crush 30R link here

Guitar ===> Fender 60's Classic Series link lhere

Pedal ===> Ibanez WH-10V2 link here

Influences: John Frusciante, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Who, Pink Floyd, The Mars Volta, King Crimson, Clapton, Cream, Ataxia, Bob Marley, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, CCR, The Beatles, The Police and many other mainly, rock, funk, reggea, psychedelic, blues, even grunge, but nothing like extreme hard metal whatsoever (only like black sabbath)
You could probably do better for the money. Whats your budget? Will you go used? Closest major city? Do you/will you gig?
I'd go with a valvetronix for the amplifier
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
Quote by familybucket
I'd go with a valvetronix for the amplifier

+1

Or the Peavey Vypyr. Both have decent effects and are great amps for the money. I have a little Orange Crush that I use for practice, but for the money that the 30 costs, you can get a better deal on the VOX or Peavey. Not sure how much money that is in USD...or how much amps cost where you are...but you could look into the Blackstar Ht-5 and VOX AC4 if you want to go the tube amp route (they don't have the built in effects that the first two amps I mentioned do)
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Oct 22, 2009,
I'd say split your bugdet about 500 for amp and 250 for guitar. There are some nice guitars for £250, and £500 for an amp will get you something real nice too.
I've got a Orange Crush 30R, and it's decent for what it is, which is just a SS practice amp. It's distortion channel is decent sounding, but not anything to rave about. I use mine with a Tonelab modeller for pinch duty for the occasional tones I can't get from my normal tube setup or for a test amp in the workshop. So if you don't run some kind of modelling with it you'll grow tired of it quickly IMO.

Focus on a good amp first, then any pedals which may be well suited for that amp, then guitar.