I dont get it ..

i bought a fender strat u.s pots ( full sized pots) and the matching knob .

when i set the knob on it .. theres still a gap between the ground part and the knob ...

my pickguard is not 1 inch thick ( i hope you get what i mean ) ? so what is the gap and which side of the pickguard is it suppose to go .???

here a picture . is it normal ???

obviously the exceedant part will be inside the pickguard . but is it normal for a strat that there is a gap between the ground and the pickguard .

here a picture of the knob install on the pot :

Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Use the nuts to adjust the shafts height on the outside of the pickguard. Usually will need 2 washers and 2 nuts. Sometimes you can get away with some washers on the inside and a washer and nut on outside.
it's neccesarilly normal. but it's not an issues as long as it'll fit inside the cavity. you can use 3/8" pots i believe. 1" threads are a little long to put on a pickguard. but it aint an issue
Quote by blandguitar
it's neccesarilly normal. but it's not an issues as long as it'll fit inside the cavity. you can use 3/8" pots i believe. 1" threads are a little long to put on a pickguard. but it aint an issue

but thwats weird is that its an official genuine fender replacmeent part ( wrap in the fender plastic and everything ) bought at a guitar store , not one i bought at a random electronic store .

but if its not a problem , ill use the washer and nut they give with it and mesure the space i need .

thank you .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Quote by Skysc
but thwats weird is that its an official genuine fender replacmeent part ( wrap in the fender plastic and everything
What is the Fender part number? It should look something like this: 0013446000
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
The 500k pots have the 1" shafts. The regular 250k pots have 3/8" shafts.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer