This is nothing to do with playing ability or attitude off the stage.

For me it would be Micheal Akderfelt, funny dude, has a good dialogue with the audience.

or

Hendrix, just the way he dominates the stage with his voice, attitude and performance his awsome.
and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
Akerfeldt is eh pretty cool guy yeah. He's great at gigs.

TBH I have an awful stage presence unless I'm drunk, when apparently I'm good, but I don't remember afterward what exactly it was that I did. Kinda shy even after playing live for a year and a half now. I'd prefer to have the presence of, say....anyone, haha.
Taking back sunday guy. God knows what his name is, but when i saw them, they were really entertaining.
Quote by perfectchaos23
Adam d from killswitch engage

beat me to it
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
Adam D from killswitch Engage, or Claudio Sanchez of Coheed and Cambria
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Quote by perfectchaos23
Adam d from killswitch engage

+1 that guys hilarious
GEAR

1976 Gibson SG
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Takamine GS330S Acoustic
Crate 65 watt
Crybaby classic wah
Gotta be Dimebag... When I saw him play with Pantera and then Damageplan I was impressed.

Larger than life on stage and an awesome showman.
[
I'm surprised no one mentions Angus Young. It's not easy to beat him when it comes to stage pressence.
Orion from Behemoth(he's the bassist, but still). When I saw them at Mayhem he dominated the stage.
GO BRAVES
Duff, yes I know he's a bassist, but he does play some guitar and his stage presence is awesome.
not the guys from lamb of god. they played extremely well, but the only one with a real stage presence was randy blythe. the rest of em just kinda stood there and walked around headbanging. was still a lot of fun though.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Jason Becker. Yo-yo+shred=win
or Buckethead. Doing the robot to some self composed techno is pretty awesome.
John Lydon when he was in the pistols in the 70s, for a guy so small in his heydey he ripped.
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........
Angus Young, he's ****in amazing
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
I'd prefer to have the stage which I'd make my presence on.
Damn hard to find musicians

I reckon my stage presence is fine, the times I've been on stage I've been interactive, a bit flashy, but still focusing on my playing, I've found a nice balance between playability and showmanship.
Just need a band.
I'd love to have stage presence like Yngwie but it's just too hard to play and move like that.
Herman Li... Just for the shits and giggles of having a dwarf follow you around with an industrial fan
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Buckethead, that one guy from Paramore is pretty cool too I guess. (does flips and shit)

Tom and Mark from Blink 182 make shows interesting (unrelated but I just wanted to throw this in), and when I think of stage presence, I think of Steve Vai's one act where he'd swing his guitar around by the tremolo. It sounds like crap but it looks pretty cool.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Last edited by Guitar2theface at Oct 22, 2009,
Quote by Guitar2theface
that one guy from Paramore is pretty cool too I guess. (does flips and shit)
That would be Jeremy Davis, the bass player. During Pressure, Josh (lead guitar) will stand in the middle of the stage and bend over at the last second as Jeremy charges at him and rolls over his back. They've not been doing it that often recently though, for whatever reason. Search YouTube for 'Paramore Pressure flip' and there's a hundred videos of it.

Speaking of which, I'd go for Jeremy Davis. He's really great live, last time I saw Paramore I actually found myself watching him just as much as Hayley. It probably helps him that he's several inches taller than everyone else in the band except Zac (drummer) who's sat down anyway. He does this odd, funky, side-to-side shuffle when he plays that I've subconciously adopted, I find myself doing it without meaning to. I don't think I saw him take his eye off the crowd for a second, which was nice, and he and Hayley never stop smiling all performance - compared to Taylor (rhythm guitar) who spends most of his time in one spot staring at his hands and Josh (lead guitar) who always looks like someone just told him they ****ed his mother.

Failing him, Duff McKagan, for pretty much the same reasons. He seems to really appreciate being out there but at the same time he commands the stage well, he never looks lost or bored.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Oct 22, 2009,
i would love to have the stage presence of Billie Joe Armstrong. no matter how talented/un-talented he may be, he is amazing on stage. he has like an unlimited supply of energy, and is always running around. hes fun to watch when yur at the concert.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan