Ok so i listen to a lot of radiohead and some muse too and I noticed that jonny and matt use fairly thin pick i think matt uses .73 tortex and jonny i think uses like dunlop nylon .60 or something. They also temelo pick alot, but, i can't seem to temelo pick well with anything thinner than a .88 do they just hold the pick near the tip or something?
Yes, they probably choke up on the pick more but I do that too with thick Dunlop Stiffos. It just makes it easier.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by Bertallica
Yes, they probably choke up on the pick more but I do that too with thick Dunlop Stiffos. It just makes it easier.
alright, thanks
i think a .75 is really thick for me. i cant do crap with those things. i always use the fender thins which i think are like .45 or so
Quote by Banana Wedgie
Exactly.

If you wanna look cool, put needles in your eyes and play.
Its just what your preferences are but a really good player can play with a coin if that would be the situation.
Quote by scr3w f3nd3r
i think a .75 is really thick for me. i cant do crap with those things. i always use the fender thins which i think are like .45 or so

i would break those like every 15 minutes...
Quote by Hadi The Ghost
Man up

+1

Best picks I've found for basically everything.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
i find it easier to trem pick w/ the new dunlop sharps (.73)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White)

Line 6 Spider IV 75w

Digitech Whammy Pedal

Dunlop Crybaby

Boss DS-1

Ibanez Jumpstart Metal Guitar

Ibanez Jumpstart 15w amp
Quote by Junior#1
+1

Best picks I've found for basically everything.

I've been meaning to get some Jazz 3s, but I only have some 1.0 mm regulars lying around
99% of my posts will probably be entirely misinformed, malformed, malware infested, and... marmalade topped.

Oh, and your tongue is on fire.
standard Jazz III's are overrated IMO. Try out an Ultex or Eric Johnson version of the Jazz III. They honestly feel like completely different picks due to the different material. I would never go back to the regular black/red Jazz III's at this point. They simply feel like garbage to me, no exaggeration.
I can't play with anything thinner than a 2mm.

It's pretty much just feel for everyone, try a whole bunch of picks out and see what you like.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

i play with toilet paper. best tone ever

wet toilet paper if I'm shreding
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Quote by mlfarrell
i play with toilet paper. best tone ever

wet toilet paper if I'm shreding

lol

Anyway it's actually physics. The thinner the pick means less resistance and therefore you're able to reach greater speeds while tremolo picking. I play with .88 green Dunlops, play like a charm for me.
I use Dunlop 1.14mm picks. I've got .88s and Jazz IIIs lying around which I seldom use, because the 1.14mm picks have the best of both worlds: they're smaller than the .88s and pointier, but not so small that they get lost in my hands (as the Jazz IIIs do).
Quote by fixationdarknes
standard Jazz III's are overrated IMO. Try out an Ultex or Eric Johnson version of the Jazz III. They honestly feel like completely different picks due to the different material. I would never go back to the regular black/red Jazz III's at this point. They simply feel like garbage to me, no exaggeration.

Agreed. I don't like them at all. I use 3mm Stubbys
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
go 2.0 or go home! XD
"Art is the proper task of man" - Friedrich Nietzsche

There is no god, there is only The Doors...Opeth...and IWABO (the unholy trinity)