I'm looking for a new amp costing somewhere between £400 and £700. It will be used for band practice, small gigs and home practice if it's not too loud. My guitar is an ESP LTD EC-1000 w/EMGs.

I play stuff like Oh, Sleeper, Underoath, Every Time I Die, As I Lay Dying, Thrice, Dead And Divine, BMTH ect.

I've been thinking about the new Peavey 6505+ 112 combo when it comes out, the Marshall DSL 401 and the Orange RK30C.

Which do you think would most suit my needs?
What else should I look at?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by gjmmh123 at Oct 27, 2009,
laneys would be worth a look, maybe engls if they're not over budget. belfast guitar centre stocks engls and some laneys (last time i was in), matchetts sometimes stocks laneys.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
laneys would be worth a look, maybe engls if they're not over budget. belfast guitar centre stocks engls and some laneys (last time i was in), matchetts sometimes stocks laneys.

Thanks.
Which Laneys?
And which ENGLs? I'm pretty sure they're over budget though.

Quote by AngryGoldfish

Thanks.
I heard that Bugeras are unreliable though?
Last edited by gjmmh123 at Oct 27, 2009,
Quote by gjmmh123
Thanks.
I heard that Bugeras are unreliable though?

They're hit and miss from what I gather. And if you get a rotten egg, you can always return it for a replacement.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
All amps are unreliable. Gear will break down eventually, it's in their nature. It's just a matter of whether they're easily fixable or not.

For instance, the Blackstar HT-5 is a solid sounding amp. It does metal and clean quite well, and doens't cost the world. But if it breaks down, IMO, you're f*cked.
While, amps like Matamp are designed so that if they do break down – which they will – they can be fixed on the spot in the space of half an hour.

Bugera amps have been known to break down, maybe because they skimped on production and design costs so that they could focus on as supplying as much as tone as possible under a strict budget. But that's doesn't mean your model is destined for failure.
If you were to buy one, however, I'd suggest making sure they are one of the newer models, which I hear have been improved – I cannot say how true that statement is – and also, buying the amp from a large company who offer a 30-day money back guarantee and a 3-year warranty, is the smart thing to do, as if anything does happen, you're liable to be taken care of.
And it's also in the Consumer Act that if a product breaks down, you are, by law, entirely to your money-back or to have it fixed/replaced.

If you're still unsure, ask in the Bugera Thread - I'm sure they will help you out.
Quote by gjmmh123
Thanks.
Which Laneys?

probably the gh50 or 100L. i haven't tried that specific model, though, but it's meant to be similar to the VH100r which i have tried (and which would also be worth a try if you can find one). Also the tt50 or 100. Bear in mind, the belfast guitar emporium probably has none of those in stock, ditto matchetts. They didn't last time I was in, anyway (which is about a year ago). They'd be worth a ring, of course.

Quote by gjmmh123
Thanks.
And which ENGLs? I'm pretty sure they're over budget though.

probably something like a fireball or powerball, or maybe a screamer or blackmore if you need more versatility. But you're right, they're likely to be over budget. would be worth a try, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

probably something like a fireball or powerball, or maybe a screamer or blackmore if you need more versatility. But you're right, they're likely to be over budget. would be worth a try, though.

Thanks, do you know any shops in Ireland that stock them?
belfast guitar emporium and the music shop along bachelors walk in dublin (just checked the golden pages, it's called instrumental) did last time i was there, though that's about a year ago in the case of BGE, and longer in the case of instrumental. would be worth a ring first, in other words, if you're making a one-errand journey. But certainly BGE has had engls every time I've been in over the last several years, which is a lot...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?