With a floating tremolo? More specifically an Edge, Edge Pro or a Edge ZR model? How long would it take?
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
honestly.. if you don't know how to tune the tremolo a while.. if you now how to tune it and how to adjust the springs tension to compensate for the lower string tension not long at all, refer to the floyd rose settings thread for help its a sticky at the top
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends
Let's just say it would take less time to go out and buy a good hardtail guitar, and tune that to drop D. :P
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
If you're experienced, "perfect" pitch tuning should take 10-15 minutes. If not experienced, 15 - 45 minutes.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

If I just dropped the tuning straight down so that the E and D string matched, how badly would it be off?
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
well since the ZR has that spring adjustment thing it might take less time to adjust the tension on the bridge... theres a video on youtube about setting up floyds by this german guy but I'm too lazy to look for it.
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
Just know this. Each time you do it, you'll be able to do it quicker.

But with ZR, you can just keep the stop-bar in and tune to drop D with the fine tuners, but you won't be able to whammy down.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
Just know this. Each time you do it, you'll be able to do it quicker.

But with ZR, you can just keep the stop-bar in and tune to drop D with the fine tuners, but you won't be able to whammy down.

Uhh the ZR goes both ways and doesn't have a built-in trem stop.

TS, i doubt tuning to Drop D would make a tuning change significant enough to not be able to fix with the fine tuners, so don't worry about it.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Uhh the ZR goes both ways and doesn't have a built-in trem stop.

Yes it does, but it can be removed. It's called a stop bar.

It's the thing highlighted in red.

TS, i doubt tuning to Drop D would make a tuning change significant enough to not be able to fix with the fine tuners, so don't worry about it.

Yes it will. The tension is different and if you change it with the fine tuners it will still be slightly sunk into the cavity. You may just tune with the fine tuners and then adjust the bridge to counter it, but then your gonna have to tune again, and will run out of fine tuner. But the ZR is the only trem I know of that has a big enough fine tune range to go from E to D on the first string. Most fine tuners only have about a half a step range.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...

Yes it will. The tension is different and if you change it with the fine tuners it will still be slightly sunk into the cavity. You may just tune with the fine tuners and then adjust the bridge to counter it, but then your gonna have to tune again, and will run out of fine tuner. But the ZR is the only trem I know of that has a big enough fine tune range to go from E to D on the first string. Most fine tuners only have about a half a step range.

My LFR has a 1 1/2~ range.

OT, you can, but it would be in tune with other strings, not perfectly.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these: