New amp - Cornford harlequin.

Snagged for £350.10 on ebay.

Money well spent as far as I'm concerned.

FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
badass. What do you think of it?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would love to play thru that!!! Congratz HNAD
really cool!
HNAD!
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Cool!! I used one of these at college to do record a live cover of "just" by radiohead, it sounded great on the recording as well as in person!!

HNAD!
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
Peavey 5150 MK1 Block Letter
ENGL E530 Preamp
Mesa Boogie Standard Rectifier 4x12

Music:

http://www.myspace.com/morethanthisuk
You bought that off of a fellow forumite over at HCAF!

Great score!
Bogner Ecstasy 101b
Sampson Era Bad Cat Black Cat 30R
1993 Mesa Dual Rectifier
Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony)
Gibson SG Faded (brown)
Rickenbacker 650D
Eventide Timefactor
Diamond Memory Lane 2
Keeley Compressor (2 knob)
Korg Pitchblack
VERY nice man.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Never tried one but congrats on the new gear.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
sweet amp. i played the carrera (pretty much the same as the harly) a few weeks ago and LOVED it. i know it does classic rock/blues great because thats what i played on it. but how does it handle metal? does it have the low end/tighness to play metal?
Quote by Dave_Mc
badass. What do you think of it?

Quote by i_am_metalhead
HNAD!

Cornfords come stock with V30's, don't they??

How does it sound?

Sounds very rich and tasty, exactly what I was hoping for, would definitely recommend to almost anyone who wanted a small valve amp for home use. It's much more versatile than I expected too, not just a one trick pony.

although driven it sounds phenomenal, it actually has some really nice, warm cleans on it at lower volumes

Quote by warplanegrey
You bought that off of a fellow forumite over at HCAF!

Great score!

Didn't know that, cool

Quote by TheFunkyAvocado
i know it does classic rock/blues great because thats what i played on it. but how does it handle metal? does it have the low end/tighness to play metal?

I'm going to be straight with you, I really don't play enough metal to give a fair opinion, sorry. I will say that there's probably not enough gain just in the amp to play the really brutal stuff, but with an overdrive in front I'd say it would probably handle some metal if you wanted it to.

Basically - if you play mostly Classic rock and blues, with metal very occasionally, then buy one right now. If you're looking for something to play metal on pretty much all the time, I'm pretty certain there are better amps out there for you
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Quote by TheFunkyAvocado
sweet amp. i played the carrera (pretty much the same as the harly) a few weeks ago and LOVED it. i know it does classic rock/blues great because thats what i played on it. but how does it handle metal? does it have the low end/tighness to play metal?

depends on what you mean by metal. I got up to 80s metallica and other 80s metal on the carrera i tried (i assume with a boost you could get heavier, but i didn't try it with a boost); however, from memory, i thought some of the other cornfords got a bit heavier.

Quote by samuwel
(a) Sounds very rich and tasty, exactly what I was hoping for, would definitely recommend to almost anyone who wanted a small valve amp for home use. It's much more versatile than I expected too, not just a one trick pony.

although driven it sounds phenomenal, it actually has some really nice, warm cleans on it at lower volumes

(b) I'm going to be straight with you, I really don't play enough metal to give a fair opinion, sorry. I will say that there's probably not enough gain just in the amp to play the really brutal stuff, but with an overdrive in front I'd say it would probably handle some metal if you wanted it to.

Basically - if you play mostly Classic rock and blues, with metal very occasionally, then buy one right now. If you're looking for something to play metal on pretty much all the time, I'm pretty certain there are better amps out there for you

(a) thanks, glad you like it

(b) yeah, i'd agree with that assessment, assuming the carrera sounds pretty similar to the harley (i've only tried the carrera). I'd say even more hard rock, to my ears it was a bit more modern-sounding than most classic rock amps I've tried.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?