basically, a guy wants to sell me 4 100 watt jensen speakers for $20 a piece, so $80 for all four.

I have a mesa, and i know that alot of fender's use jensens which make me question whether they are good for my music styles or not, but that seems like a good deal...

I play soft rock/punk/hard rock/light metal.

are jensens good all round? what do you guys think about this deal?
Quote by woodenbandman
As far as I'm concerned, Boogies descended from heaven on a heavenly A Major soundwave played over a choir of angels singing America/God Save The Queen and giving out free candy.

Need some change for strings? http://www.cashcrate.com/2476533
Jensens are not good all around. The older jensens were more or less clean and light OD speakers for fender style amps, and were decent speakers. The new ones are meant for the same thing but aren't particularly good speakers. I don't think you'll like them at all for your heavier stuff.
Colin's right, they are okay-ish for cleans, and not great for heavy OD/Dist.

That said, unless they're the garbage they put in their cheap SS amps, that's a pretty good price for four. I'd buy 'em.
new ones are very middy and bright. They would sound weird in a mesa.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
If you're playing any amount of dirt through them, no, they're not the greatest.

Its also important to keep in mind that to say that ALL Jensens are good would saying that ALL Celestions are good...which simply isn't the case...

I'm sure Jensen has their equivalent of the Rocket 50, the 70/80, the MG-65, and so on...which we all know are bloody terrible speakers.

What model number are the Jensens in question?
Bogner Ecstasy 101b
Sampson Era Bad Cat Black Cat 30R
1993 Mesa Dual Rectifier
Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony)
Gibson SG Faded (brown)
Rickenbacker 650D
Eventide Timefactor
Diamond Memory Lane 2
Keeley Compressor (2 knob)
Korg Pitchblack