Recently bought the Peavey 6505 + and running it through my 1960 AV cab which I've had for awhile. I'm not totally sure because I'm familiar with 6505, used it live, recorded with it. But the + is new, ppl say there basically the same, obviously there not. My problem is the + doesn't seem to be as saturated as I'd expected it to be in comparison to the standard 6505. Has anyone any understanding of the amp that can help?
“English is the language this article is written in.”
~Captain Obvious On English
The + has less gain. But if you don't have enough with it, then I don't know what you can do.
ಠ_ಠ
The + has slightly better cleans and bit less gain - but it still has plenty of gain on tap for anything that you'd want to play.

Maybe buy a boost if you're not happy with the saturation.
I suggest an Ibanez TS9/DX/808RI, Maxon OD808, Rothwell Hellbender...
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Any recommendations for a decent pedal to boost? Usual candidates are the Maxon OD-808, Ibanez Tube Screamer, Boss OD-1
“English is the language this article is written in.”
~Captain Obvious On English
See my above post. The Rothwell Hellbender is a great od.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
You should probably get in contact with your local tech and have a bias pot installed...or else contact Jerry at FJA mods (or Voodoo or something). Stock 5150's (and derivations thereof) come biased ridiculously cold from the factory, and they are fixed bias. Get the bias mod done, throw in some quality 6L6's, bias them up right, and you'll have a firebreather.
Bogner Ecstasy 101b
Sampson Era Bad Cat Black Cat 30R
1993 Mesa Dual Rectifier
Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony)
Gibson SG Faded (brown)
Rickenbacker 650D
Eventide Timefactor
Diamond Memory Lane 2
Keeley Compressor (2 knob)
Korg Pitchblack
warplanegray is right
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos