Page 1 of 4
this probably isn't a good idea to ask the pit, but here it goes. so i saw this sweet ibanez S470 on craigslist for around 160 bucks, needs paint (its all scratched) but everything is working fine, and has EMG pickups. There is also this girl i really really like, and i'd like to take her out on a really speacial date, and tell her how i feel about her. but my concern is the idea of how "everything you do will affect the future". the guitar can only be bought friday because the owner is leaving out of town for a while, and the girl has a boyfriend, but i have a strong feeling that she likes me. (she doesn't like to talk about him, likes to hang out with me, and were planning on going to our prom together). the only problem is that their both on the same day it can't be done any other day. either i buy the guitar and "think it might affect the outcome of the girl i like", or not buy it and tell her. i know i think about it too much its stupid, but i think its like a test, one or the other...

i've already made up my mind, but im just wondering what are you guy's opinion.
Guitar. If a girl is willing to break up with her boyfriend for you, she'll do the same thing to you for another guy.
guitar.

shes not gonna sleep with you.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
she has a boyfriend. that means she just wants your money. dont waste it on her, buy the guitar.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
this probably isn't a good idea to ask the pit, but here it goes. so i saw this sweet ibanez S470 on craigslist for around 160 bucks, needs paint (its all scratched) but everything is working fine, and has EMG pickups.

i've already made up my mind, but im just wondering what are you guy's opinion.

up until this point, i swear you were gonna play the prostitute card. but go with the girl IMO
You could get both if you don't mind getting a few scratches and bumps on your new guitar...

>_>
🙈 🙉 🙊
[quote="'-LeG[A"]cY-']Guitar. If a girl is willing to break up with her boyfriend for you, she'll do the same thing to you for another guy.

agree
That guitar will sure sound good.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
It's an Ibanez with EMG's.

GUITAR!
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
Investing money in a girl that already has a boyfriend......Hmmm....

I always enjoy winning and dinning a lady before i return her to her boyfriend. It really sets the mood for them.
epic7734
Quote by metaldud536
Girl has a boyfriend? Why are you making moves on someone else's girl? Go buy the guitar. It will (most likely) last you longer.

This.

And everything else everyone has said.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Why not just tell the girl how you feel now and get her in the sack?

And buy the guitar on Friday. Win win.
Girl's gonna go out with you, then two weeks later she will be crying and yelling at you for allowing her to cheat on her boyfriend with you.

Somehow it'll be your fault and you'll wish you bought the guitar.
Quote by speakers
rape's out of the question?

Rape is always an answer
Quote by mikeyknowsbette
i can make a lolstack!

*waits for tomorrow to see how TS manages to screw this up*
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
buy the guitar and masturbate to the girls Facebook -_-
Gear :Squier + Vypyr 15W / UCG102 + Picks = Awesomeness !
i was gonna say girl, but then u said she has a boyfriend. go for the guitar. if she has a boyfriend, and ISNT leaving him for you, then she doesnt like u more than she likes him. if she really liked u, she would leave him for u, rite? so get the guitar.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Why can't you do both?
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Go on the date Saturday. Is that really a difficult thing to think of?
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
I dont think i really understand this situation. I understand that tomorrow is the last day you can buy the guitar but is tomorrow the only day you can tell her? From what i get from it is you should get the guitar. You dont need to take this girl on an expensive date just to tell her how you feel. and since she has a boyfriend, its a really sketchy situation anyway.

good luck dude
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Hey
you can finger that guitar all damn day if you please

and best part is it'll only ask for more..

girl on the other hand...

besides, the g strings will be alot cheaper to replace
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Man, if you already have a guitar go for the girl, its not like you dont already have a guitar to play. If your going to prom with her instead of her boyfriend she prly likes you. but listen, really if you think about it girls are messed up, seriously. So whatever your thinking is prly the opposite of what shes thinking.

Lots of chances to get a new guitar. Trust me, u will be sittin playin your new guitar thinking, ah crap should of went out with her.

But then again if your going to prom just tell her then. BUT REALLY, if she does end up going out with you in the end, your going to waste way more than 160 on her and then you guys will prly break up (duh) so its really pointless unless she gives it up. lol

And your prly thinkin, "oh naw man Droid, its more than just gettin laid"... no its not
Quote by Century
*waits for tomorrow to see how TS manages to screw this up*

this. we will see a post tomorrow saying How i ****ed this up
Get the guitar, the girl won't cease to exist after Friday, and if she does then why would you waste time on her anyway?
how would you feel if someone dated your girlfriend?

ask yourself this, then make the decision.
"take your form
be my fear, be my hope
be the indication
if i'm right or wrong

take your most dreadful form
and let it be known"
he provided assurance
depends on how old you guys are and how serious she is in the relationship. High school people cheat all the time. It's not right to force it, but if she likes you more than the other guy, then yay for you. If there's a goalie, you can still score a goal.

Seriously though, that's a good deal. It'd buy it for the pups. Dilemma.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
You can't sex a guitar.
Okay, yeah, you can. But the strings will tear the hell out of your schwantz.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by the_jackyl
/thread

+1

Making a move on someone elses girlfriend is the biggest dick move ever. Even if she doesn't like him, he most probably likes her, or else they wouldn't be together still (derp). If you choose the girl over the guitar then you're rightfully going to get your ass kicked.

Ibanez RG1550 with Bareknuckle Nailbombs and Mothers Milk
1976 Gibson SG Standard
Peavey 6505
Framus 2x12 (V30s)

She has a boyfriend so buy the guitar. Wait until she's single for a while to make a move. You can do something special without having to pay big bucks for it.

But as the thread title says, it's girl vs. guitar. The girl would obliviously win because a girl can break a guitar, but a guitar can't break a girl.
My fingers like to make typos.
Quote by damian_91
No third option?

Implied Default option = Go to Chucky Cheese
epic7734
Last edited by epic7734 at Oct 22, 2009,
Well, you could go for the sure thing of getting the guitar friday...or taking your chances on a girl that has a bf.

This might influence your decision tho...
Money over b*tches.
Quote by ricardo_sousa11
buy the guitar and masturbate to the girls Facebook -_-

+1
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by Artistic_Vomit
She has a boyfriend so buy the guitar. Wait until she's single for a while to make a move. You can do something special without having to pay big bucks for it.

But as the thread title says, it's girl vs. guitar. The girl would obliviously win because a girl can break a guitar, but a guitar can't break a girl.

It can if you can play Every Rose Has Its Thorn
im going to sticky this until i see what happens.

anybody rememember the last dude that did this?
he said he was gunna meet some chick near a vending machine?
that was just bad.
i was really dissapoint.
Classical Guitarist
Page 1 of 4