Whenever I try to play left hand muted strings to get that funky chuka-chuka sound, the tone never sounds right. It comes out as more of a thunka-thunka. For example, I'm trying to play Always On The Run by Lenny Kravitz, and the muting sounds awesome in the song, but when I play, it really doesn't. I'd expect a lower tone if I was using the lower strings, but I'm only using the g, b and e strings. Is it just an EQ thing I need to look at? Should I boost my highs a lot?
Yes hes using a wah. also where you mute and the pressure you apply will change the pitch. It sounds like hes muting over harmonic nodes too. Im quite a fan of that sound
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
One Word. Wah. You're gonna want to invest in a wah pedal to pull off that sound, if not you'll just get a really metallic scraping sound.
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
its more in the picking hand than the fretting hand.

Chicken pickin man, you gotta get the groove down.