I've been using my computer with an interface for a long time, but it's just not cuttin it anymore my processor and memory just isn't enough (Duel Core Duo 1.73 Mhz, and 3Gig mem) So i just priced out all the parts i wanted from Tigerdirect to make a new one and it came out to just around 600, does that sound right? or is there anyone who has done it for cheaper?
Like blue strat said.. what are you getting? It would be easier to tell if you're getting a deal or not if we knew what parts you were buying.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
Ultra LSP 750 Power supply 750 Watts - $50
Seagate 1 TB Harddrive - $80
XFX Nforce 750i Motherboard with Intel Quad Core 2.33 together for $250
8 Gigs of Memory DDR2 800MHz - $120
EVGA GeForce 9500 GT Video Card 1GB - $60
MSI DVD Burner/Rom optical drive - $40
Case is about - $50
i would get 2 hard drives a bigger slower one to store you files on and a faster one for your system and recording then you can move then from the faster to the slower drive
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Yeah - I bought 2 1-Terrabyte external USB 2.0 Drives from the "new" CompUSA when they put em on sale for $89. One for my Windows Laptop and 1 for my Mac - I actually have 3 external Firewire Drives on my Mac right now but the Big'n makes great storage
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Sounds pretty reasonable to me for the equipment you have. Good Luck with it!!
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.