ill probably get flamed for this but im kinda stumped. i've been looking around for a guitar with a humbucker (B) / single coil (N) setup. i've seen an ESP signature with that kind of setup and i've recently seen a hamer californian with that setup.

are there any newer models with that kind of setup? i might just have to take this old hamer on craigslist if there isnt.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
You could always check out an HSS guitar.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Caparison Horus
Swing Shadow HS
Ibanez RG565 - oldie but goodie
Edwards E-KL

Those are off the top of my head but like said you could just get a HSS guitar and switch the 5 way switch for a 3 way switch and just lower the middle pickup so it doesn't get in your way.
I actually enjoy the H- S setup on my Squier '51
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Jackson surfcaster ... Saw one at a second hand shop and the H-S setup really intrigued me because the Single coil pickup was slanted like a bridge pickup on a strat. Been dying to try one out and see what it sounds like ever since.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by gebgebgeb
i might just have to take this old hamer on craigslist if there isnt.

I can promise you, that IF that is a USA Hamer and IF the price is right. You'll be hard pressed to find a better axe!

EDIT: I am guessing it may be this one? If so, that price is good! I use to have one and its a killer guitar! Not a USA model but still very nice!

Last edited by halo71 at Oct 23, 2009,
I think it might be an older model because it looks like tha one but the fret inlays are just dots. those inlays are sexy.

the one I found on craigslist has just a LFR. I was kinda looking into replacing it with an OFR.

Quote by DkassBTU

hahahahaha
Quote by JELIFISH19
You can always get a guitar with a pickguard and change it to H-S

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
im fairly sure there are a few teles with HS

out of interest why not look at HSS???
The Caparison Horus and the Kiko Loureiro signature from some Brazillian company are the only two I can think of right now.
Quote by Tedward
I'd just like to point out that the HS teles are actually SH

you sir raised a good point, i did see 2 HS teles on a quick google images search however tehy had custom graphics on
There's always the Gary Kramer Guitars R29 Turbulence. But I'm actually not sure if the neck pickup is a single coil or a double-stacked single coil, meaning it would be a humbucker.

But it has coil tap and 29 frets, and a Floyd of some kind...
Quote by Vlasco
The Caparison Horus and the Kiko Loureiro signature from some Brazillian company are the only two I can think of right now.

You mean Tagima? I don't like most of their stuff it's too angly it reminds me slightly of DBZ guitars.

Quote by Tedward

That's a H/X as well but **** me dead I would still buy it any day of the week any year even if it means I need to sell my body.
buy a H-H guitar and coil tap the neck pickup.
Or try a H-S-H
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

I've tried h/s/h and h/s/s before and I didn't really dig it too much. thanks for the idea about the pickguard for the strat but I'm not really to fond of strats.

does anyone know anything about changing the LFR in the californian to an OFR? I mean like would it fit?

Quote by DkassBTU

hahahahaha
If it is like the model in the picture I posted above, then yeah it will fit. I am pretty sure even the "Hammer by Slammer' models wiill work as well.
Squier 51

i think they're really cool. they're old and out of production, but you can find them around kind of cheap. they're basswood bodies and have a tele neck. kind of a cool frankenstein guitar, and they're known for being modded to all hell and back by their owners. i'm modding one right now actually
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
Squier 51

i think they're really cool. they're old and out of production, but you can find them around kind of cheap. they're basswood bodies and have a tele neck. kind of a cool frankenstein guitar, and they're known for being modded to all hell and back by their owners. i'm modding one right now actually

Wow that is cool ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka

Quote by LifeIsABullet16
Squier 51

No pickup switch?
Jag-Stangs are H/S, that's what I play with actives installed

I've also seen Fender HM Strats routed for dual humbuckers, but they have a cut-down tele pickguard and a single coil in the neck. These are rare though.

The George Lynch ESP models are mostly H/S (Kamikaze models come to mind)

Some older Kramer Stagemasters have that setup too
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Quote by Tedward

there are some teles iirc that are HS though
There is a squier 51 for sale in my local shop for like 199, i'm very tempted.
Try finding an old 90's Fender Telecaster Plus!
AMAAAZING guitars.
"My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump"
Quote by JELIFISH19
No pickup switch?

No tone knob. They have a push pull volume knob to tap the bucker, and the second knob is a pup selector dial. :wink:

Just sold one recently...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Wow it just got cooler ^ (push down knobs ftw!!!)
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka