I'm getting one of these soon after trying it out at Guitar Center, it is the best amp I have ever used, EVER. With the top boost channel, Fryer Treble Booster, and Red Special, it gets an absolutely orgasmic sound. Sounds slightly different than the TBX and older models, but hardly any difference at all!

Any other AC30 (or AC30 variant) users?
I wish I could afford, it really is my favorite amp out there, in the mean time I'm bought a Sansamp Liverpool, its a very good recreation of the AC30 sound in a pedal.
Might buy one soon. Concerned about headroom
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
headroom isn't the problem with the ac30. the volume you need to get it to before it starts to drive really nicely is the problem. unless you are into vox cleans i would stick with your rockerverb 50. it rips a million times harder then the vox.
search for a thread around here called The Brotherhood of Vox. lots of vox product users with useful information in that thread.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
An AC30 on the top boost channel WITH a treble booster in front. How much treble do you need?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^Ask Brian May.

Thats strange considering i always thought that his tone was rather smooth.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by TOMMYB22
Thats strange considering i always thought that his tone was rather smooth.

You haven't listened to enough Queen, then
Quote by ProphetsSong
You haven't listened to enough Queen, then

well his soloing tone anyway.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
Brian May uses the normal channel and the normal channel only. The Voxes are nice amps but I would look inside and check everything out because the Quality control isn't very tight.
Very good for modding too. Nice sounding amps I recommend them.
They're great but compared to originals in good condition and the boutique offerings (namedly XiTS), I don't think they hold a candle. But the AC30 tone is definitely a favorite of mine.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs